Rest in Peace "Kiki" our crazy cat

jmaldo

Well, it’s been about a month since we lost her. She was 16 years old, got her from the “APL” she was just a ball of black fur and fit in the palm of my hand. First noticed her bouncing/hopping around the cage. My son said “Yep’ that’s the one”.

Brought her home, I wanted to name her “Spaz” based on her antics. But my son decided “Kiki”. Well you can see who got to name her. They were inseparable. He would walk around the house with her perched on his shoulder. So full of energy and spunk. She immediately became a member of the family.

So many memories, always would “Greet” me in the morning along with when I returned from the job. I suppose she had me trained because of course she would get a treat.

One of the best memories was when she caught a field mouse. We live near an open field and all the neighbors would get field mice on occasion. That’s why I originally agreed to get her. Anyway, one day she came walking up to me swinging something in her mouth. At first I thought it was one of her toy mice. But it was alive. She dropped it in a corner and started batting it around. I told her about time she earned her keep.

Another memory is when my son went on vacation. After a few hours she started howling, I thought she was hurt. Spoke to my son, turns out he has heard her do it when we leave her for a bit. We set up a “Ring” security system with a camera and audio, sure enough when we went to visit my other son in Michigan he showed me a video.

Another memory is when I supposedly trained her to talk. Got her some snacks and sat with her and kept telling her “What do say” as she kept pawing at the container. She finally “Meowed”, after that every time before we would give her a treat. We would ask her.”What do you say”? And she would meow. Of course we had no idea she would become a pest anytime we would come near her treat container she would “Meow” and keep it up until we gave her one.

We are still unsure what happened, it was so fast. I came down with “Covid” and then of course my son. Kiki was fine towards the end of quarantine after a few days one night he noticed her a bit lethargic around 8pm. Got up in the morning and she was gone.

We were both astonished it happen so fast. He took it harder than me, but it was his cat.

It’s been a month or so and we both miss her.

Just some pics, now I wish I had more.

kiki1.jpg
Kiki enjoying the Bolivians.jpg
Kiki napping.jpg
kiki 10g water bowl.jpg
Kiki in Box Cave.jpg
Pleco and Kiki.jpg
Kiki about to pounce.jpg
Kiki with remote.jpg

RIP "Kiki"

Attachments

• Kiki napping.jpg
    Kiki napping.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 7

Basil

Well, it’s been about a month since we lost her. She was 16 years old, got her from the “APL” she was just a ball of black fur and fit in the palm of my hand. First noticed her bouncing/hopping around the cage. My son said “Yep’ that’s the one”.

Brought her home, I wanted to name her “Spaz” based on her antics. But my son decided “Kiki”. Well you can see who got to name her. They were inseparable. He would walk around the house with her perched on his shoulder. So full of energy and spunk. She immediately became a member of the family.

So many memories, always would “Greet” me in the morning along with when I returned from the job. I suppose she had me trained because of course she would get a treat.

One of the best memories was when she caught a field mouse. We live near an open field and all the neighbors would get field mice on occasion. That’s why I originally agreed to get her. Anyway, one day she came walking up to me swinging something in her mouth. At first I thought it was one of her toy mice. But it was alive. She dropped it in a corner and started batting it around. I told her about time she earned her keep.

Another memory is when my son went on vacation. After a few hours she started howling, I thought she was hurt. Spoke to my son, turns out he has heard her do it when we leave her for a bit. We set up a “Ring” security system with a camera and audio, sure enough when we went to visit my other son in Michigan he showed me a video.

Another memory is when I supposedly trained her to talk. Got her some snacks and sat with her and kept telling her “What do say” as she kept pawing at the container. She finally “Meowed”, after that every time before we would give her a treat. We would ask her.”What do you say”? And she would meow. Of course we had no idea she would become a pest anytime we would come near her treat container she would “Meow” and keep it up until we gave her one.

We are still unsure what happened, it was so fast. I came down with “Covid” and then of course my son. Kiki was fine towards the end of quarantine after a few days one night he noticed her a bit lethargic around 8pm. Got up in the morning and she was gone.

We were both astonished it happen so fast. He took it harder than me, but it was his cat.

It’s been a month or so and we both miss her.

Just some pics, now I wish I had more.

kiki1.jpg
Kiki enjoying the Bolivians.jpg
Kiki napping.jpg
kiki 10g water bowl.jpg
Kiki in Box Cave.jpg
Pleco and Kiki.jpg
Kiki about to pounce.jpg
Kiki with remote.jpg

RIP "Kiki"
I’m so sorry. We lost one of our cats suddenly two weeks ago. We think she had a stroke and was gone quite quickly.
Hugs to you. They do become family.

Redshark1

Remembering the good times is good therapy.

Lucy

I'm so sorry for your loss, she was beautiful.
Thank you for sharing the memories of her.

BigManAquatics

Never fun to lose a kitty :( thankful for you guys that it was quick though...it is pure Hades watching a loved one suffer for a long period of time, human or furry family. Before long, another cat wil mysteriously slip into your life and steal your heart. They are skilled like that!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Idkitsathrowaway
  • Cat
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
Fisch
  • Buradimari
  • Cat