RESPECTS TO GEORGE BEST!!!

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

Dear friends i thought i would mention the death of a great Hero and legend of the world !

i attended the funeral at Stormont Parliament bulidings in Belfast 2day of the best footballer (soccer player) to have of ever walked the earth George Best!! even though im not a Manchester United supporter i thought it necessary 2 mourn the death of Bestie it was a highly emotional service there was big sreen at Stormont so u could watch the service live

thousands of people lined the streets of Belfast (as the funeral precession made its way from his family home) and outside Stormont 2 pay their respects he played football in America not just England so i thought all of u might of heard of him also !! He was the Belfast Boy and will b greatly missed he put up a good fight of being so ill in hospital he wouldnt give up he lasted 17hours when other doctors said would only last 4 or 5 lets not remember him 4 his troubled past and demons of alcoholism but a truly great and dazzling footballer THE BEST ever!!! SIMPLY THE BEST!!! and from the people of Northern Ireland he will b missed !! a link provided if u want 2 know any more about 2day and his life i couldnt help cryin at the end but when i lokked around every1 else was includin all my friends it was extremely sad!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4493898.stm

Thanks guys and girls :'( :'(

C W

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm not really a sports fan, but I know how you guys are about your football! That is very sad, and it sounds like the funeral was very beautiful and emotional. I'm sure his family was very honored by the respect that was paid to him.

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

Harry Kewell plays 4 my football team Liverpool !! yo!!!!!!! lets go the reds!!!!!!

C W

4. Jason Well Known Member Member

He played a brilliant match on the return leg.

Getting up 5:45am tomorrow!!! ;D

5. Jason Well Known Member Member

Jeeze we got in Group F with Brazil (Reigning World Champions), Japan (Asian Cup Winners) and Croatia who blitzed their group stage to qualify. We are so underated mind you and we should be able to beat Japan and Croatia.
    Germany the host nation has got like the easiest group,

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

I really support northern ireland who beat england a while bak !!!!!!!! yo!!!!!!! but it looks like i hav 2 support england in the world cup but as long as they dont win it cause we'll never hear the end of it england got an ok group apart from sweden who beat them a few months bak also northern ireland just failed 2 qualify

C W

7. Jason Well Known Member Member

That was great seeing northern Ireland beat England. They've lost to some teams over the past few years which everone expected to beat like Liechtenstein