RESOLVED - Just noticed it on my profile...

Tom
There is something called, Group Membership. What does it mean?
Tom

Mike
Where in your profile exactly? I don't see anything like that...

sirdarksol
vBulletin has a feature called groups, where sections of forums can be set off that have their own moderators who control who is allowed in.
In some forums, it might set apart non-family-friendly portions of the forum, in others it might just be different cliques.

Tom
Where in your profile exactly? I don't see anything like that...

On the public profile.
Tom

Tom
vBulletin has a feature called groups, where sections of forums can be set off that have their own moderators who control who is allowed in.
In some forums, it might set apart non-family-friendly portions of the forum, in others it might just be different cliques.

Do you mind dumbing it down a little bit for me please?
Tom

Mike
Ok, I see it now. Thanks.

As far as how it works, I could create a "magazine editors group" and only allow them access to the magazine boards. Which I'm off to do now that I know what it is LOL!

So, Tom and Sirdarksol and the rest of us working on the magazine will have a group listed in that section of our profiles now. At least, that's how I understand it at the moment. Off to test it!

Mike

Tom
And what about our blogs? Would those count too?
Tom

sirdarksol
Ok, I see it now. Thanks.

As far as how it works, I could create a "magazine editors group" and only allow them access to the magazine boards. Which I'm off to do now that I know what it is LOL!

So, Tom and Sirdarksol and the rest of us working on the magazine will have a group listed in that section of our profiles now. At least, that's how I understand it at the moment. Off to test it!

Mike

That sounds right. I'm not actually part of groups on other forums, I have just seen them.

Mike
Ok, what Sirdarksol said originally is exactly what it is. If we wanted to create PUBLIC joinable user groups we could. I'm not sure I want that here as I don't see the benefits of something like that... However, I did create a new secondary usergroup called "Magazine Editors" for everyone that helps on the magazine.

Sirdarksol and Tom - do you guys still see the magazine boards on the forum home page such as October Issue, November Issue, etc? And can you navigate into those boards?

sirdarksol
I see the section that tells the board that the magazine has been released, but not the one where we're working on the magazine.

Mike
dang - ok, lemme see what I messed up.

Mike
ok, can you check again please

Tom
I saw it there and everything was fine in regards to the magazine.
Tom

Mike
Ok, cool thanks. Unless you're a moderator or magazine editor, you can't see those boards now.

Tom
Ok, cool thanks. Unless you're a moderator or magazine editor, you can't see those boards now.

Ohh, no, where did it go?

Is what other people would say. lol I'm kidding, I can still see it. Sounds good.
Tom

Tom
But now I can see the mod board. I don't think I'm supposed too, am I? I don't think I'm a mod, I don't feel like a mod.
Tom

Mike
Thanks - fixed.

COBettaCouple
you leave the computer for an hour & miss all the fun!

Tom
you leave the computer for an hour & miss all the fun!

But isn't that how life works? lol
Tom

COBettaCouple

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SavTheArtist
Replies
Views
JLAquatics
Replies
Views