Research Mode

1. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

So I have 3 empty tanks that I'll be stocking in the spring, unless I have compatibility issues in my current tanks. Since I have cichlids, that's always a possibility.

However, my attention has been drawn to the scarlet gem badis. I'm unable to find a lot of information online about them.

Does anyone have experience with them? My biggest concern at the moment is feeding them. Liveaquaria.com has a profile on them that says they prefer frozen foods. It also stated that they can be finicky eaters. I was thinking about a school of them in a 29g tank.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I have until spring before I make my decision, but since there's not a lot of information out there, I decided it would be safer to start my research now.

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I am in the same boat - 3 empty tanks, 3 tanks that need to be overhauled and stocked. I'm moving in Feb, so I must wait......

My attention has been drawn to the regular badis over the scarlets. If you're in research mode, I'm sure we've read all the same stuff so it's no surprise that you're looking for more info. Wish I could help.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Jaysee, I'll share any information I come across with you. Two heads are better than one. Maybe we'll get really lucky, come across a wealth of information, and end up writing a profile to help others in the long run.

4. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Shell dwellers!!! :p

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

try searching under Dario dario to see if you find more info ;)

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

:;nw I came up with ALL KINDS of information with that search. Thank you so much Shawnie:;toast

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;toasthope it helps :;hug2

8. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, I just assumed you were searching under the scientific name. Glad you found some more info.