Rescued platy fish( ways to improve thier health and happyness)

fishbreeeder
Hi

I recently rescued 4 platyfish from PetSmart as the tanks where so dirty. They were very sick and I moved them to a 15-gallon tank. They seem happier and have already given me six fries. I will rehome them after the coronavirus. Any suggestions on how to keep them healthy and happy

AcornTheBetta
Hi

I recently rescued 4 platyfish from PetSmart as the tanks where so dirty. They were very sick and I moved them to a 15-gallon tank. They seem happier and have already given me six fries. I will rehome them after the coronavirus. Any suggestions on how to keep them healthy and happy
Make sure that you keep their tank water clean, feed them the right amount, give them any meds they need, and keep their water parameters on point. We thank you for saving those fish.

AquaCaitlin
Basically what FishGuy said Keep up with water changes, stay on top of parameters. Soak pellets before feeding and don’t overfeed. Live plants will really improve their health and happiness, but aren’t necessary.

BottomDweller
How many of each sex do you have? The ideal would be 4 females.

Aside from obviously keeping the tank clean and testing the water etc. I recommend feeding a variety of foods. Platies like quite a bit of vegetable matter in their diets. Mine like algae wafers and vegetables. I feed mine frozen foods such as bloodworms as a treat. Today they've had live daphnia which they get very excited about.

fishbreeeder
Thanks for the help. Thay kept 20 in a 10-gallon aquarium witch is way to little room

flyinGourami
Do lots of water changes, make sure parameters are good and stable(so ph on the higher side, good temperature, stable parameters etc.), and feed good foods like bbs, spirulina algae is also good.

fishbreeeder
How many of each sex do you have? The ideal would be 4 females.

Aside from obviously keeping the tank clean and testing the water etc. I recommend feeding a variety of foods. Platies like quite a bit of vegetable matter in their diets. Mine like algae wafers and vegetables. I feed mine frozen foods such as bloodworms as a treat. Today they've had live daphnia which they get very excited about.
I have one boy who won't mate and 3 girls. They get tropical fish flakes and bloodworms. I will use your suggestions

I have rescued platys from PetSmart. They were sick and obviously weren't happy with life. ideas to make them happy. Thank you

hello i just got 4 sick platys. what can i do to help them inprove

please help

StarGirl
Well that depends on a lot of things. A little more information would help.

fishbreeeder
my platy fish has ick

I got her from a pet store so that is no surprise. She hides a lot and won't eat much. How do i raise the temp on my heater? What should i do? Her tankmates dont have ick so should i isolate her

thatfishlover122
raising the temp of your heater is simple and you should know how after setting up your tank. Your heater will have a small dial type thing at the top of it, and as you turn it anti/clockwise you'll see your temp change. I wouldn't bother isolating her, ick spreads very fast and if one fish has it, the rest will too. There are plenty of ick treatments in store and online, they often turn the water quite blue but don't worry about that. treat it fast!

AquaCaitlin
Curious if you have pictures? Just so we can make sure it’s ick and not a different fungal infection.

Also- water parameters?

fishbreeeder
it won't work dania hides to well

AquaCaitlin
Than what are the parameters?

fishbreeeder
Too much nitrate but I am cleaning tomorrow

fishbreeeder
yes she is but she gave birth today

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies