- Reaction score
- Minneapolis Minnesota
- 5 years
- 0.75 gallons
- no filter
- no heater
- 68 degrees Fahrenheit
- single betta
- How often do you change the water?
- How much of the water do you change?
- What do you use to treat your water?
- Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
- no cycle
- Don't test water
- No idea what the parameters are
- once a day except on weekends
- a small pinch
- BettaMin pellets
- no frozen or freeze dried food
Illness & Symptoms:
- owned for 5 months
- symptoms appeared 4 weeks ago
- Symptoms: Bloated, trouble swimming, head growth
- no treatment started (I have absolutely no idea what is wrong)
- He seemed to be healthy and have no issues when purchased
- He has just been resting on the bottom and will come up every so often for food.
Bloating: He is very bloated but still able to eat and swim.
Swimming trouble: He comes up to the top for food and air but he swims back down to the bottom and lays on his side with his front have bent upward.
Head growth: he has something growing on the side of his head, that opened the skin so there is open pink flesh showing. I haven't been able to figure out if it's a parasite or a ruptured tumor.