Rescue Or Not?

What would you do?

• Hope that someone else rescues them.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Rescue them and try to adopt them out.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

potter

Lately I've came across couple posts on kijijI of people rehoming their bettas and one of which was a pair of male and female in a very small divided tank.

I really wanted to get the 2 out of there but I'm up to my eyeball with managing my senior dog with medical issues, 2 birds, and I do already have a betta and a bunch of rosy red minnows that I keep as pets.

I would be okay to keep them temporarily but what happens if no one wanted to adopt them after I got them?

What would you do?

kallililly1973

Your a champion obviously. but sometimes current priorities have to be your main attention. We all hope they go to good homes of course. And we all want to rescue everything we see struggling or not in the "right" conditions but sometimes overwhelming ourselves does more bad than good. Hope they end up in a great place with whatever you decide to do.

FishGirl38

I would say...Do what you know you CAN do based on your situation....

I'm up to my ears in 'rescues'. I've got 2 goldfish that're each about 9In long in a 45G that I need to re-home but I don't have the heart to let them go...Not to mention the fact that I've rescued two other feeder goldfish since then as well (per stumpy, my signature) So I'm planning a pond in my yard.

I bought an oscar about a year ago, he's in a 75 but I'm about to stretch myself and purchase a 120G tank for him to live comfortably in.

I started with 4 parakeets. 2 of them paired off and gave me 6 parakeets (total). Then a co-worker of mine needed to re-home her 3 parakeets and knew I took good care of mine. So now I have 9 parakeets split between 2 XL Prevue flight cages (if you own birds you probably know the cages I'm talking about).

Take it from someone who's got too big of a heart....If you can handle it, and you have the time and responsibility open, then go for it. If not, then don't. Listen to your brain, not your heart. Its better at logical reasoning. trust me. lol.

Bibi

I have been in animal rescue for the past 47 years.
There’s never the “perfect” time to rescue.
It’s in your heart, you can save these two and BLESS you for caring so much
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom