Rescue Betta Advice

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My sister bought a betta a few weeks back and introduced him into her 20gal community tank at home. It has taken out a couple of her fish already and had separated him into a bowl to prevent killing any more of her fish which she was very emotional about.

I had been cycling my nano with some young guppy’s, soil topped with gravel substrate and a few plants, the air pump needs to be upgraded but works perfectly fine for now.

Problem is he doesn’t look too happy, snuggling beside heater, clamped fins, maybe it’s the transport stress of today’s move but I’ve uploaded some photos so you can have a look, I am absolutely thrilled to have my first betta, I do hope I can give him a better life.

Attachments

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine do this every time I move them, except one who is so tame she lets me pick her up and move her by hand. Even she will sulk for a while.

If the water is clean enough, he should be OK tomorrow.

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I’ve bumped the heating up to 80 from 78 and fed him some frozen bloodworm, he seems happier already. Thanks ulu!

Must be funny to lift your fish by hand. They place a lot of trust in your to carry them out of water lol

Ulu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go watch Dexter's World on YouTube he picks up fish in his bare hands all day.

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ulu said:
Go watch Dexter's World on YouTube he picks up fish in his bare hands all day.
I’m now hooked.. my partner will be pleased haha

Beebop

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Monk said:
My sister bought a betta a few weeks back and introduced him into her 20gal community tank at home. It has taken out a couple of her fish already and had separated him into a bowl to prevent killing any more of her fish which she was very emotional about.

I had been cycling my nano with some young guppy’s, soil topped with gravel substrate and a few plants, the air pump needs to be upgraded but works perfectly fine for now.

Problem is he doesn’t look too happy, snuggling beside heater, clamped fins, maybe it’s the transport stress of today’s move but I’ve uploaded some photos so you can have a look, I am absolutely thrilled to have my first betta, I do hope I can give him a better life.
What fish was he in with ?? They are funny about who they are in with mines in with some corydoras and a few tetras. Doesn't like the pleco I found. Leave your hand in the tank with food on it they soon learn to come get cuddles !! He is a beautiful colour !! Here's my boy it's an old picture he is almost bigger now !!

Attachments

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Beebop said:
What fish was he in with ?? They are funny about who they are in with mines in with some corydoras and a few tetras. Doesn't like the pleco I found. Leave your hand in the tank with food on it they soon learn to come get cuddles !! He is a beautiful colour !! Here's my boy it's an old picture he is almost bigger now !!
He was in with gourami kissing fish and a few striped tetra. He has his own planted nano aquarium now

Monk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ulu said:

O. M. G.

Fish handling on steroids.
Awesome watch, I remember watching his videos a few months back, glad I’ve got up to date!

Beebop

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Monk said:
He was in with gourami kissing fish and a few striped tetra. He has his own planted nano aquarium now
Well if he is happy he is happy !! I think gourami are from same family so that's maybe why they kicked off... And as for the tetra probably a more peaceful kind would have gone better .. but they are happy to be alone Bettas and also you can teach them tricks mine jump out the water now it's kinda cool to watch !!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom