Rescaping ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Kimberly4403, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

When i set my new 75g tank up nearly 3 weeks ago i basically put stuff in to get the fish back in as quick as possible.. But im really not liking how i set it up.. So i have some ideas that id like your oppionion on:
    - First the japanese rush and lizards tail will be removed from tank as not ment to be fully submerged just roots will be submerged
    - Second i think the elodia and big driftwood needs to change sides so the elodia can go with the current rather than in just one spot but to do this i need to uproot hairgrass and baby bacopa to change there positions they will both need to go to other side so not shaded by elodia
    Thats all i can come up with at the moment so any advice would be great.
    - I was thinking of adding an amazon sword to the corner with the inlet pipe?
    - banana lillies i think need to line the sides of the tank as they are shooting beautiful red lilly pads right to the surface and are now too tall for the front of the tank
    - What do you think?
    - Also i added 3 root tabs in over a week ago will it be ok to leave them were they are i dont think i can remember exactly were i put them without digging through sand.. They will "disolve" over time for the plants.. If i happen to bring one up while moving any plants then ill move it but if i cant find them can i just leave them..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

I would fill up the empty spot in the middle and left side of the the tank with some Amazon swords. Some crypt Wendtii would look good as a midground plant. I would also add some rotala, and some red Ludwigia for some color in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

You dont think i need to leave the middle for free swimming space?

4. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

I meant putting the Amazon swords in the back where it looks empty.

5. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

Yeah that could work too but then id need to move my bubbles somewere else?

6. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

You can keep it there, or you can move them to the left side of the tank

7. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

So i basically moved some stuff around and took out the lizards tail and rush plants for now this is all i will do.. Not sure were to put the banana lilly thats behind the big anubias thats the one with lilly pads at surface but i moved it there for now.. Ill need to wait for my bacopa to grown up and fill in some of the back i guess before adding anything else?? Id still like to add an amazon sword though somehow.. And maybe more java moss on the rocks??

Attached Files:

8. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Looks good! Some more moss would work as well. It may look a little empty now, but once the plants start growing and filling in it's going to look great :)

9. Kimberly4403Well Known MemberMember

My Bacopa slowly growing up behind and added wisteria in behind my annubias

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice