Rescape

1. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Thank you Dolfan for the beautiful plants! With the bamboo gone, I have had to use the giant sponge in the photo to baffle but he has total free swimming range over his tank now. I just realized I put the bacopa in upside down I think but V is enjoying all of it. The subwassertang especially! I love that the glass tube heater is gone and my cobalt is basically invisible :)

I still need more plants, or at least for the bacopa to grow, but it's a start.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. HappyKnitter Member Member

How does V like it?

3. mg13 Well Known Member Member

wow, GREAT TANK!!!

I didn't forget to turn caps lock off. it was on purpose.

4. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

He's a happy dude, aside from the fin rot. The long piece of hornwort that's dangling down he uses like a ladder, and he loves cramming into the subwassertang in the bowl. Definitely will be ordering more of that stuff when Dolfan's got it available (and I have money). I did the rescape during a WC between Kanaplex doses while he was in a methylene blue bath (which have gotten way less stressful, no more clamping afterward!) so when I put him back in he was patrolling everything. I don't know if you can see the frogbit floating up top but he seemed to find that entertaining. I noticed him doing some rearranging haha, my water wisteria has gotten enormous (no idea how or why).

He especially loves the baffle job. There is virtually NO current in his tank now. It looks stupid but ir's the only way I could come up with on the fly and it actually work much better than the bamboo did. He really seems to like the subwassertang, shoving through it and pushing it around. And I love the bacopa.

5. mg13 Well Known Member Member

i love your fish... please share him...

:)

6. FiscCyning Member Member

What a great looking rescape! No wonder V is a happy boy with all those plants to play in :)

And that is the only good thing about finrot is that the fish don't seem to suffer even when it looks bad to us. We stress plenty but at least they don't!

7. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

mg13 - I'll share him if you'll come help him take care of the fin rot haha.
    FiscCyning - Yeah he hasn't seem affected by it at all. When it first came back it got really severe in just a couple hours, he looked rough that night. But he may just have been sleeping. Since then he hasn't seemed to notice it at all. But it's a nasty infection. This is the second time it's come back in the month and half I have had him and it gives his fins red tips and a bloody discoloration. Really unpleasant, he was so close to healing both times it came back too. Third time's a charm though. So far it hasn't progressed since it came back, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone :) I really want more plants on the left side of the tank now that the current has been so well baffled. I'm thinking more water wisteria to start with as he seems to love it most of all and it's growing quite a bit. In fact, I'm not even sure I'll have to buy more :)

8. claireputput Well Known Member Member

:)

9. Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

I'm glad the plants are working out. I think plants make any tank better, more natural, cleaner water, more oxygen available, better aesthetics, the list just goes on and on. I'll keep you posted on the subwassertang as it grows back in.

10. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Please do! And the bacopa...and the frogbit...and the...haha. Just let me know. The thing I love about plants, beyond their role in the ecosystem, is how easily they make the tank look nice. I have all these great aquascape visions but have trouble translating them to reality but, with plants, I don't have to. It doesn't matter how you put them in, they just look good haha.

11. mg13 Well Known Member Member

yes, @poetisinjustices, haven't i kept checking up on him, maybe suggesting some stuff?

anyway, I live in WA, any you live in PA, so there's not much i can really help with... lol

12. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Encouragement IS helpful. Especially now that it's back again. His tail is looking pretty good and I thought we were doing really well but this morning I noticed his pectoral fins are looking kind of bad, both of them. No discoloration but they look degraded. He's got one more dose of Kanaplex and we'll see where we're at when that's done. I'm also going to start salting his tank once the medication is done.

Anyway...the subwassertang is a huge, hilarious hit. This is what he's taken to doing with it...he buries his whole body into the plant and just leaves his tail poking out haha. He sleeps like this at night now.
    [​IMG]

13. mg13 Well Known Member Member

lol

That stuff looks like jello on the picture

14. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

The subwassertang? I guess it kind of does haha. It's more like seaweed, V really likes it. I just threw it in there in two big bunches and he's doing all the work re-scaping his own tank haha.

15. mg13 Well Known Member Member

funny guy, I want him all the more...

is V his name?

16. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

It's short for his full name - Virabhadra. Virabhadra is the Sanskrit name for the warrior incarnate of Shiva :)

I'm a big yoga practitioner and I'm just in love with the culture. If you practice, you might already know this, but the Sanskrit names for the Warrior 1, 2 & 3 poses are Virabhadrasana, so that's where I drew from in giving him a meaningful name :)

17. mg13 Well Known Member Member

ohhh.

well V is a good nickname for someone with such a long... ummm... unique name..

lol

It really goes with him well though. (the name, not the abbreviation)

18. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

I love the jars with glass pebbles in! so colourful!

gahhh.. Now I'm torn between glass and terracotta in the new goldie upgrade.

That suBwassertang looks great, might have to get some for Perce - I will find a way to give him a 10 Gal when I upgrade the goldies... seeing the space V has makes Percy's 2.5 Gallon look like a bowl.

Hope he's feeling a little better.x

19. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

I went with glass for the betta tank because of how smooth and fin friendly it is. I like the terracotta better. Plus it's very porous and will house BB.

Unfortunately he isn't really doing any better. In fact i think he is slowing down. I am sitting in the car on my way out of town and he's at home. We will see where we are at when I return.

20. mg13 Well Known Member Member

lol

your DRIVING to vacation and you found time to get on here? lol

your light is on now.