Rescape of 36 Gallon Bow

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by cooperbh, Aug 12, 2015.

1. cooperbhValued MemberMember

I didn't like the gravel I originally chose for this tank, so I first tried mixing some darker gravel in with it. As you can see from the before pic, the result was something similar to brown and tan confetti. Or vomit, take your pick.

Plus, I had come to really want a sand floor. Time to just start over. After a weekend spent largely washing substrate and netting fish, the makeover is finally complete. Would love to get some honest feedback from the members here.

Before

After

Still have some tweaking to do, but you get the general idea. So, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Looks great! Some nice plants with red color will look great in there like red Ludwigia or rotala :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful!

4. cooperbhValued MemberMember

Thanks!

That's actually ludwigia repens in the middle. And, though it's hard to see in the pic, it's just starting to get rosy on top again after some heavy pre-scape pruning.

5. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Oh yeah it is :). It should color up soon

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Wow, beautiful tank!

7. el337Fishlore LegendMember

Looks really great. Very natural setting!

8. GeoffWell Known MemberMember

I love that tank.

9. Tiny goatfishWell Known MemberMember

Very pretty! The sand makes it look much more open! I just rescaped my 36 gallon to, for the same reason! It doesn't look as good as yours though :,(. :)

10. cooperbhValued MemberMember

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. All I need now are some cories playing in that new sand box.

11. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Wow, I like it! :D It looks so clean! Much better, imo! :) Oh, shout out to you over there in Atlanta, I'm nearby lol!

12. cooperbhValued MemberMember

Howdy, neighbor! And thanks!

13. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

I have this same tank and wish mine looked this good.

14. cooperbhValued MemberMember

Appreciate that. Wish I had your curviceps/dorsigera, since they are nowhere to found around here. :)

15. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

Yeah she's the only one I've ever seen around here as well. Hope she works out but i'm becoming more and more doubtful.

16. cooperbhValued MemberMember

Little update. I added some spider wood at the top and some more river rocks at the bottom, as well as some more val and a few new residents. Also switched out the Fluval LED plant light for the Current Satellite LED +. Color rendition now is not quite as accurate as before, but the Fluval was just too darn bright. My fish seem much less stressed and are displaying deeper colors with the more subdued lighting.

Loving these pepper cories. Their energy has seemed to rub off on everyone in the tank.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  17. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

Cories will do that. My albino's are either going a mile a minute or look dead on the ground. They are like my 3 year old....tons of energy then crash! Hope that's normal

18. GenobreakerWell Known MemberMember

I'm in the same boat as you. Wish my 36g bow looked this good.

19. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Wow... Amazing tank! Saw your thread about the DIY background and was very surprised at how well it worked!!! I don't know if it's the lighting or something, but I liked the first pic a little better... It's just my opinion! Both are great :)

Currently breeding: h/b purple guppies

20. cooperbhValued MemberMember

Very kind of you guys to say. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice