Rescape- I want your ideas !

Maryellen

Hi guys, I just rescaped my 20gal tall! right now it’s very bare. I’d love to hear your ideas/suggestions before I dive into anything. I want a lot of plants in this tank, so tell me what you think would look good in it ! I dont know how well you can tell from the picture but my rocks are very blue/green.
The tank currently has harlequin rasboras and when I get it all set up nice I’ll add blue dwarf gourami. Thanks guys!

emilymg

Maryellen said:
Hi guys, I just rescaped my 20gal tall! right now it’s very bare. I’d love to hear your ideas/suggestions before I dive into anything. I want a lot of plants in this tank, so tell me what you think would look good in it ! I dont know how well you can tell from the picture but my rocks are very blue/green.
The tank currently has harlequin rasboras and when I get it all set up nice I’ll add blue dwarf gourami. Thanks guys!
Is this piece of wood one piece or multiple? I would make the scape only wood, no rocks and make a cook look with that. You can add java moss wrapped onto the wood pieces, and for plants maybe pearlweed in foreground, anubias nana petite on the wood and in the wood crevices, java ferns, water wisteria, basically any big bulky plants for the background sections.

Basil

I’m a big fan of Italian vals. They grow tall so they would fill your tank; they are easy, and the harleys would look great swimming through them.
I can’t tell if your substrate is sand or gravel but they will grow in either.

Maryellen

emilymg said:
Is this piece of wood one piece or multiple?
One big piece !

emilymg

Basil said:
I’m a big fan of Italian vals. They grow tall so they would fill your tank; they are easy, and the harleys would look great swimming through them.
I can’t tell if your substrate is sand or gravel but they will grow in either.
Oooo yes I second vals. They can fill up the back section and look super jungle like. I’ve seen tanks with such thick patches of val and I’m always so jealous lol.

emilymg

Maryellen said:
One big piece !
You could probably just use this piece without the rocks, or if possible rearrange the wood to mainly one side of the tank.

Basil

emilymg said:
Oooo yes I second vals. They can fill up the back section and look super jungle like. I’ve seen tanks with such thick patches of val and I’m always so jealous lol.
Like this? They have gone crazy in my betta tank lol!

emilymg

Basil said:
Like this? They have gone crazy in my betta tank lol!
yes! I’m jealous..trying to get mine to take up a good section of my bettas tank

AggressiveAquatics

Maryellen said:
I would just add some carpeting plants and then some moss on the driftwood and brighten the light

KartoKartofel

I'd remove some of the rocks, so that you'd have more room to plant more plants in the background.

Maryellen

Thank you all for the great ideas and sorry for the delayed response! I ordered some vals and rearranged some of the rocks. ill update with pictures once I get more plants in

LeviS

I'm late on this, but I absolutely love limnophila aromatica mini. Very bushy like, soft leaf structure. Its plant behind the cherry barb. Has to be my favorite.

Megabeth

I really like my red ludwigia. It has almost doubled it size in like 2 weeks and I think the red of the leaves would contrast nicely with the blueness of your tank

Maryellen

Megabeth LeviS I love both the plant suggestions! I think the red will contrast nicely too.
side note, how likely do you think it is that the jungle Val I’m getting will melt, and how much?

LeviS

Its hard to say, 1st time I owned val it took off like crazy, every other time its taken forever to grow, ive had my current plant for 4 months and its just now throwing runners in a high tech setup. It definitely needs a good substrate or keep on top of root tabs. I have never had it completely melt, usually its been very little if any. Theres another member here maybe StarGirl that has a jungle val tank. I think water hardness and ph plays a role with val.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom