Rescape Growout tank #3

1. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

As always, looking for constructive criticism.

Well, yesterday I got all these plants and they went into various tanks. I've been trying to rescape them all with some artistry, although many still just have plants jammed in there any old way. Was running a contest to scape my Growout tank #4 but stopped get any interest over there.

Back to G3, it has just been freshly replanted with willow hygro, hygro kompakt, myrio tuberculatum, cyperus helferi, glosso carpet, a couple unidentified crypts, and some staurogyne repens which I will probably find another use for if it survives, I got these two little mushy plugs in the mail and I'm not sure if they will recover. I was largely paying attention to combination of colors in the plants (and in the rocks).

The hardscape is going to be these rocks I just bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizona-Roc...Fqojsn9RYB4Zx%2FNs9AU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizona-Roc...Fqojsn9RYB4Zx%2FNs9AU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

And this is how it looks now, as you see there is space left for the rocks. Not sure if I should dress the rocks with some moss or something or not, it would have to be just a touch if at all, since I want to get full mileage out of the pretty rock.

RPV_0036.jpg

2. claireputput Well Known Member Member

Hi, I so agree and if it were me. I might do something artsy peeking out from behind the rock-something like a slightly tipped over pot with a plant peeking out-of course this would draw the eye to the front where your gorgeous rock would be the center piece! :)
    What ever you decide it cant help but be lovely given what you have to work with! :)

3. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

You could leave them as is, and put them around almost like a border across the back, look like an actual garden.

4. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

2 steps forward 1 back

I did a fairly credible job of killing the new plants. One of my cats knocked over the yeast CO2 mixture and it apparently got into the tank, or just enough to wreck havoc, despite bubble counter and gravity. This was made even worse because I didn't realize it happened, and when the tank got all clouded up I thought it was a bacterial bloom and didn't take any immediate action. Anyway I hope the glosso makes it, I have backup plants in my 50 gallon for any of the others that may die.

Bizarrely, the crypts, which normally melt at a drop of a hat, not only seem unaffected, but they've grown noticeably in during this ordeal. The bettas were also totally oblivious to the mess although they were moved to a bucket while I did three 90% water changes over 2 day.

I got my rocks, I am thrilled how they look, uncertain how I should position everything. Also uncertain if I should attach any moss or other plants. I have java, flame, and mini xmas moss that I can work with as well as anubias nana petite that might work if they don't collect too much algae.

Any suggestions?

RPV_0001.jpg

5. Marie1 Well Known Member Member

I like it. And your fish. Very nice :)

6. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

I think after everything grows in it will look better. For now i think you have plenty in there :)