Requesting Suggestions For Improving The Aquascape

arunk
hello everyone, my tank as shown in the picture is about 4 months old and has just kind of stabilized. I am now thinking making it look more "professional" by adding, removing, changing out plants, hardscape etc. Any suggestions will be most welcome. Its 2 feet long x 1 x 1 and has chihiros A600 series for lighting and pressurized co2 maintained at lime green color on the drop checker. The filter is a very simple waterfall type, hangon filter. There is a wave maker and surface skimmer that start running when the lights go on for 8 hours. The substrate is all ADA and right now I am using the step 2 of ADA, brighty K, and seachem excel on daily basis, and weekly Fe supplement, local made. 25% water changes on weekly basis. There is also a sterilizer on auto mode.
DSC_office (2).jpg

CanadianJoeh
I think it looks incredible! Sorry I can't be of more help

You could trim the floorcarpet maybe and add a little mountain of rocks in one of the corners? You could point the wavemaker onto the rocks and it makes a sort of sand-current fall for your fish. We have it set up in the shop I work at in a 520 tank. It's cool.

DutchAquarium
Their are too many focal points in this aquarium. the valley does pull me into the back of the aquascape which very good. the right red plant is too over powering and draws my eyes away from the rest of the scape. that's going to fix most of the things right their.

Aqua Hands
Maybe a rocky background? Like smooth stones with moss attached IDK. But, your doing why better than me!

Focal points are good though! They followed the rule of thirds
Their are too many focal points in this aquarium. the valley does pull me into the back of the aquascape which very good. the right red plant is too over powering and draws my eyes away from the rest of the scape. that's going to fix most of the things right their.

DutchAquarium
for got something. the two walls "drift wood". they are too symetrical and are creating a boxed inlook and making your tank appear smaller. Lower one of them very low. it will be more interesting.

CanadianJoeh
Oh god I just realized the amount of email notifications I'm gonna get from this thread....

DutchAquarium
their are too many focal points, their are at least 4. A aquarium like this, the end of the valley should be the focal point.

Fashooga
I think it looks really nice now. Why change it?

DutchAquarium
Google aquascapes and then you will know why it could be change. this one passes for having healthy plants that are bushy and filling, but it's lacking points in lay out of hard scape and focal points.

Oh, and for sake of it, have some aquascaping respect lol, and take out all the mechanical equitment before you photograph.

CanadianJoeh
Aquascape police

arunk
I think it looks incredible! Sorry I can't be of more help

You could trim the floorcarpet maybe and add a little mountain of rocks in one of the corners? You could point the wavemaker onto the rocks and it makes a sort of sand-current fall for your fish. We have it set up in the shop I work at in a 520 tank. It's cool.
thanks! I do keep trimming the grass, but it grows like wild. Its called pygmy grass at the LFS here, and it sure does grow like some wild grass. And the rocks mountain to go up all the way till the surface? Is that what you mean?

Appreciate the tips! I had introduced the red plant in the front right corner to kind of balance the red plant in the back left corner. May be I should shift it backward...You mean every root with moss is acting as a focal point?

Thanks! As Dutch Aquariums and
Maybe a rocky background? Like smooth stones with moss attached IDK. But, your doing why better than me!
Rocky background as in stacking up rocks up the back wall of the tank ?

DutchAquarium
your four focal points are , the red plant up front in the right corner, the moss on the drift wood in the middle, the end of the valley in the middle. and the drift wood on the left hand side of your tank. Personally, I really like the focal point on the left. I would get rid of the other 3 powerful ones and even it out so they compliment the main one.

Sorry, I didn't mean the moss in the middle, I meant the rotala in the back on the right

arunk
their are too many focal points, their are at least 4. A aquarium like this, the end of the valley should be the focal point.
can you please help in identifying the 4 focal points for me? much appreciated.

Aqua Hands
thanks! I do keep trimming the grass, but it grows like wild. Its called pygmy grass at the LFS here, and it sure does grow like some wild grass. And the rocks mountain to go up all the way till the surface? Is that what you mean?

Appreciate the tips! I had introduced the red plant in the front right corner to kind of balance the red plant in the back left corner. May be I should shift it backward...You mean every root with moss is acting as a focal point?

Thanks! As Dutch Aquariums and
Rocky background as in stacking up rocks up the back wall of the tank ?
yep

CanadianJoeh
your four focal points are , the red plant up front in the right corner, the moss on the drift wood in the middle, the end of the valley in the middle. and the drift wood on the left hand side of your tank. Personally, I really like the focal point on the left. I would get rid of the other 3 powerful ones and even it out so they compliment the main one.

Sorry, I didn't mean the moss in the middle, I meant the rotala in the back on the right
All in good fun, it was just a joke

arunk
I feel that its somehow "wild", doesn't have that graceful, calm look that some of the ADA aquascapes have...

DutchAquarium
Do you mean nature scapes?

arunk
Do you mean nature scapes?
Yes, the ones that are serene, calm, and kind of "ordered" but not in an forced way....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Hehehehaw
Replies
Views
xpolkadotkittyx
Top Bottom