Reptile Forums

JLeeM
Hello.

Let me start off with this. I messaged Mike to see if I could post this or not. He said I could because it has nothing to do with competing fish forums.

I've been planning on getting a corn snake for a while now. Actually purchased an exhibit today. The people that I've talked to on here about snakes have been a HUGE help. Be that as it may, this is a fish forum though, not a snake forum. That being said, I would really like to find a good (as in easy to use and friendly people, no needless swearing and insults, a place of learning not a popularity contest) snake and/or reptile forum for more fun. So, do any of you scaley lovers have a good forum you can suggest? Thank you in advance.

jpm995
faunaclassified.com seems pretty good. Kingsnake.com has a good for sale section but their forums seem dead.

goldface
I second Kingsnake.com. It’s been years since I been on. Forums used to be quite active in the nineties and early 2000s. Last I checked it’s quite dead now. Go through the threads on the cornsnake section and you’ll still probably find relevant information.

There are now probably a number of different sites with more active forums.

Kellye8498
Facebook also has some great groups and they work very similar to forums.

JLeeM
Facebook also has some great groups and they work very similar to forums.
I found one group on FB for my broad scale roundabout area. I haven't been able to look at it super close yet, but I did see some beautiful snakes for sale. Unfortunately, they were all SUPER expensive and ball pythons. Still neat though.

ChaosCorrupter
If you're looking for care info or just some cool articles, reptilemagazine is a pretty good place to look

Blair
I know this is a fish forum but I figured someone would know.

aussieJJDude
It may also help to list the type of reptile forum your after.... some are incredibly secular- like for leopard geckos - but may be right up your alley!

Blair
It may also help to list the type of reptile forum your after.... some are incredibly secular- like for leopard geckos - but may be right up your alley!
I'm looking for anything, like leopard geckos, Blue tongue skinks, and more.

JLeeM
Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions for a good reptile/snake forum?

ValerieAdams
Does anyone have any reptile or frog forums that you're a part of and enjoy? I'm looking into possibly getting one or some and don't really know where to start so a forum would be a good place for me to look. CanadianFishFan anything?

Note: I asked a mod before posting this so it is allowed. But please do not discuss other fish forums/websites or promote your own website. Thanks.

CanadianFishFan
I have been looking for a year now. I have no clue about frogs.
I think our best bet is Pangea forum.
The Pangea Forums - Crested Geckos & More

ValerieAdams
I have been looking for a year now. I have no clue about frogs.
I think our best bet is Pangea forum.
The Pangea Forums - Crested Geckos & More
Are you a member there already?

CanadianFishFan
Are you a member there already?
Nope But maybe later tonight. Id love to find out the Attacc Geckos morph!

ValerieAdams
Nope But maybe later tonight. Id love to find out the Attacc Geckos morph!
I just joined, my user name is the same (ValerieAdams) when you go to join you can enter my username but I don't really know why haha

ValerieAdams
ReptileForums.co.uk
Thanks Fanatic. If you don't mind me asking, is this something you use? Do you have reptiles?

Fanatic
Thanks Fanatic. If you don't mind me asking, is this something you use? Do you have reptiles?

I don’t, just my hermit crabs, and I use hermitcrabparadise.com forums for that. I was registered on the reptile forum for help with our leopard gecko a while back.

Gamer
GeckosUnlimited
Pangea
FrogForum .net

I haven't posted a ton on them, but they make for great reading.

ryanr
Hi,
You could also try searching for 'herping' forums. Herping covers amphibians and reptiles.

There's plenty of them around. aussiepythons.com isn't bad (I'm not a member, but have found lots of good info in their threads).

Also check out ; it's not a forum, but heaps of good info and articles.

ValerieAdams
Hi,
You could also try searching for 'herping' forums. Herping covers amphibians and reptiles.

There's plenty of them around. aussiepythons.com isn't bad (I'm not a member, but have found lots of good info in their threads).

Also check out ; it's not a forum, but heaps of good info and articles.
Herping is most definitely something I wouldn't have ever guessed, so thank you!!

wodesorel
For frogs, I've used Frog Forum and Dendroboard. The latter is more dart frog oriented but some topics are universal.

For general reptile stuff I use Reptile Forums UK, but I like their care standards more than US based groups. (UK is all about big and natural enclosures, US tends to veer more towards racks and basic needs.)

Facebook groups are bigger and more active than bulletin boards these days, but also more volatile.

Gamer
Oh when it comes to enclosures and keeping them natural, UK pet owners are normally among the best. This goes with rodent enclosures too. I seen hamster, and gerbil setups that were impressive. UK also gets cages and accessories for rodents we in US had difficulty getting.

EmbersToAshes
Does anybody know of any active reptile forums? I specifically need a turtle forum at the moment, but I am about to start working at the pet store again and would like to find a reliable forum that focuses on all reptiles so I can do research and recommend to customers. The reptile section on this forum seems to have more posts than many that seem to be made specifically for reptiles. Thanks in advance!

ryanr
Hi,
We are a forum dedicated to fish keeping, so reptile topics are going to be limited (more of a side hobby)
That said, we have a number of members that are experienced with reptile keeping.

I can't recommend a forum for reptiles in the US (have a few for Aus), but I think you might have to 'google it' and see which ones you like

mimo91088
I've been out of the reptile game for a few years so I can't speak to it's current state, but I used to use herpcenter a lot.

AJ34
I wish there more active ones. I look for info from members here and Austins:

Turtle Forum

turtle girl on YouTube as well ....

if you just search turtle/reptile care and just do general searches you might find some randoms. Other info I just gather from the pet companies web pages ...zoomed, exoterra, and zilla. It's kinda tough to find people who keep turtles these days! I'm always looking for other people with turtles!

Mii
I'm researching getting a snake, and was wondering if anyone knows of any good reptile forums out there. I'm hoping for a very active forum, with an easy to use interface, fairly similar to FishLore, just reptiles instead of fish.

AJE
Our reptile forum.com

ElysiumPlants
I'm researching getting a snake, and was wondering if anyone knows of any good reptile forums out there. I'm hoping for a very active forum, with an easy to use interface, fairly similar to FishLore, just reptiles instead of fish.
I can actually help you with that in a big way. Once upon a time, I used to breed/sell snakes.

The classic beginner snake is the ball python. This would not be my suggestion, however.

My favorite snake is still the Colombian Red-Tail Boa. Beautiful snake. Intelligent, active, curious, and completely nonaggressive if handled often/correctly. They get big but not enormous like a retic or a Burmese. Parameters are easy. They’re also enthusiastic eaters, which is great; some other snakes will just refuse to eat to the point of starving to death.

Mii
I can actually help you with that in a big way. Once upon a time, I used to breed/sell snakes.

The classic beginner snake is the ball python. This would not be my suggestion, however.

My favorite snake is still the Colombian Red-Tail Boa. Beautiful snake. Intelligent, active, curious, and completely nonaggressive if handled often/correctly. They get big but not enormous like a retic or a Burmese. Parameters are easy. They’re also enthusiastic eaters, which is great; some other snakes will just refuse to eat to the point of starving to death.
I like big snakes, but space and money are very real concerns to me, so i was thinking getting something somewhere within the size range from corn snake size to hognose snake size. I just don't think i could comfortably house a big snake and still have the space and money for all my aquariums.

WrenFeenix
Ian’s Vivarium is a forum dedicated to corn snakes. I don’t have an account, so I can’t really vouch for how active it is, but it has an extensive list of corn snake morphs. Most even show the genotype.

Cornsnakes and kingsnakes are great beginner snakes. Kingsnakes can have a bit of an attitude, but they LOVE to eat.

Mii
I like big snakes, but space and money are very real concerns to me, so i was thinking getting something somewhere within the size range from corn snake size to hognose snake size. I just don't think i could comfortably house a big snake and still have the space and money for all my aquariums.
Hognose snakes are banned in my county as they're technically barely venomous (think bee sting like, and they basically never bite could use it to sedate a rat or toad they're eating in the wild)
I was considering probably either a hognose or a corn snake, i guess my county decided to make the decision easier for me. Although it's sad that I won't get to have one of those adorable derpy little faces.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kova
Replies
Views
Sien
Replies
Views
Kysarkel000
  • Question
Replies