babyshark24

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi! I'm wondering about reptile calcium to my 30gal community to help my four mystery snails.

I have one baby has an incredible shiny olive shell, especially compared to its parents! The parents have all grown a few centimeters of healthy shell but they eat like crazy, while baby snail is growing on scraps and my live plants.
(also I'm saying parents because while I'm pretty sure the parents are my ivory boy and wild type girl, who knows)

Are the nutrients in my tank enough for the little guy to get a flawless shell?
My reptile calcium is pure calcium, no D3 and I have a ton of it for my leopard gecko.

I'm away from the tank right now so I'll get back on the Ph levels, because I know calcium raises it(?) and if it's harmful for some reason I could just fall back on eggshells or cuttlebone... thanks in advance!

tank stocking: 4 snails, 3 mollies, 1 platy, 5 black skirts, 1 bristlenose, live plants

BReefer97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi! I'm wondering about reptile calcium to my 30gal community to help my four mystery snails.

I have one baby has an incredible shiny olive shell, especially compared to its parents! The parents have all grown a few centimeters of healthy shell but they eat like crazy, while baby snail is growing on scraps and my live plants.
(also I'm saying parents because while I'm pretty sure the parents are my ivory boy and wild type girl, who knows)

Are the nutrients in my tank enough for the little guy to get a flawless shell?
My reptile calcium is pure calcium, no D3 and I have a ton of it for my leopard gecko.

I'm away from the tank right now so I'll get back on the Ph levels, because I know calcium raises it(?) and if it's harmful for some reason I could just fall back on eggshells or cuttlebone... thanks in advance!

tank stocking: 4 snails, 3 mollies, 1 platy, 5 black skirts, 1 bristlenose, live plants
I would just use cuttlebone personally. I don’t think the snails would be able to utilize it as well as they would being able to munch on a cuttlebone or eggshell. It’s also going to be hard to find the right dosage to use without shocking your PH.

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom