Replacing lid and led

Mikel88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I got the top fin 37 gallon starter kit and I definitely regret it. I want to upgrade the lighting to be able to plant medium to high light required plants but that means replacing the stock lid. I can not find anything that will fit. Even the glass canopy tip fin sells wont work. Any suggestion?

redmare

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My plan for my 80gal that has no lid is to use greenhouse siding! Cheap and (hopefully) easy. Lots of youtube videos on how to do it! Based on research and not experience, I would then recommend looking at the finnex lights. I've heard good things and they are a bit more budget friendly than, say, the fluval 3.0.

OP
M

Mikel88

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
redmare said:
My plan for my 80gal that has no lid is to use greenhouse siding! Cheap and (hopefully) easy. Lots of youtube videos on how to do it! Based on research and not experience, I would then recommend looking at the finnex lights. I've heard good things and they are a bit more budget friendly than, say, the fluval 3.0.
Interesting, I'll have to check that out! Yes, the fluval 3.0 is quite expensive. I have been looking at the finnex stingray. Aquarium Co OP sells them.

redmare said:
ghostdawg said:
Have you looked into the Versa glass top lids?
My tank has a rim on it. I measured and it's about 28 and five eighths inches. I could get a glass lid that yoy mentioned but it wouldn't fit inside the rim. It would just sit on my tank and could slide around easily. I'll look at the tops you mentioned. Thank you

New Threads