Replacing Fluval (407) Hoses For Inline Diffuser

Nick72

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
1 year
I was thinking of going the reactor route, but now leaning towards the inline diffuser.

To attach one to my Fluval 407 I will need the 16/22mm diffuser, but first I'll need to replace the Fluval hose.

I'm thinking the best bet would be the Ehiem 16/22mm hose? Anyone tried this?

It's pretty thick so should handled the curve on the rI'm of the tank without collapsing.

I've heard of people simply pushing the Ehiem 16/22 straight onto the Fluval's AquaStop valve and tightening down with the locking nut provided?

Seems to make sense, anyone done this?

OP
Nick72

Nick72

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
1 year
Thanks richie.p that's all I needed to know.

Went out this morning and got some 16/22 tubing. It wasn't the Ehiem I was looking for, but it did the job.

6610B4BD-3B47-4149-A920-238FA8D954B0.jpeg

I wish I'd cut it closer to the filter, would have prevented the tube kinking, but it's working fine and once on doesn't want to cone off.

8A252DAE-409A-4D52-A7C7-088E1338C54A.jpeg

I'm really happy with the result.

No more soda stream effect!

If I put my nose on the glass I can see the mist circulation, but it's hundreds of time finer than before.

Really not visible unless really trying to see it.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad it's worked for you and letting me know, that kink may become and issue and a second attempt needed but things like this are always trial and error on the first attempt, maybe a longer piece of pipe between you attachment and the filter will take the kink out, nice looking setup you got there, ide be interested to know how much of a difference the defuser makes over the next few months

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom