Repashy

NLindsey921

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Have any of y'all used this food? Is it any good? Is it worth the money?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
TexasGuppy said:
My amanos like the green algae one. My gourami and rainbows eat the community one, but they eat everything.
Why won’t my fish eat good stuff? Always jumping out catching mosquitoes, lizard tails, small birds and bugs. But if I try to get them something of good quality, forget it. Tetra koi Vibrance and peas.

chadcf

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes I use it. I use the soilent green for my twig catfish and otos. The repashy tends to last a long time so these more passive fish get a chance to get some and it's quite good for them. The betta will eat it too though slowly over a period of days. Other fish will go at it too but generally only when they get bored or there isn't other food around. But it's a staple of my twig catfish diet currently.

I also have some community formula. Oddly enough it seems like most of the fish prefer soilent green to community formula. The twig will also eat the community formula though, but it's not as ideal for him.

skilletlicker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Repashy Super Gold has been the main course on our menu since April 27; served with an all-you-can-eat salad. It replaced Aqueon Slow-sinking Goldfish Granules. Sara and Maybelle, the little goldies seem to enjoy it and are definitely more active. Not sure how much, if any, is left-over for Slim and Minnie, the Mystery Snails, but they definitely enjoy the salads. Repashy only takes a couple minutes to make. I mix 1 teaspoon powder with three teaspoons hot water and store covered in the fridge. Lasts my little family about 10 days. We may branch out to home-made gels but can't imagine going back to granules. In case anybody is interested some details and pictures are shown below.

Because the Repashy sinks the habitual foraging for food at the surface has completely disappeared, a healthy change I think. Serving the salad immediately after the main course decreases competitive wrestling over remaining crumbs. The only fail on the menu was the Roasted Poblano Pepper; nobody touched it. So far only Slim and Minnie eat the broccoli, but they love it. The cilantro is eaten grudgingly by all. Basil and Beet Greens are overall favorites.

FishFeedSheet.JPG

repashy_small.jpg

spinachsalad_small.jpg

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
skilletlicker said:
Repashy Super Gold has been the main course on our menu since April 27; served with an all-you-can-eat salad. It replaced Aqueon Slow-sinking Goldfish Granules. Sara and Maybelle, the little goldies seem to enjoy it and are definitely more active. Not sure how much, if any, is left-over for Slim and Minnie, the Mystery Snails, but they definitely enjoy the salads. Repashy only takes a couple minutes to make. I mix 1 teaspoon powder with three teaspoons hot water and store covered in the fridge. Lasts my little family about 10 days. We may branch out to home-made gels but can't imagine going back to granules. In case anybody is interested some details and pictures are shown below.

Because the Repashy sinks the habitual foraging for food at the surface has completely disappeared, a healthy change I think. Serving the salad immediately after the main course decreases competitive wrestling over remaining crumbs. The only fail on the menu was the Roasted Poblano Pepper; nobody touched it. So far only Slim and Minnie eat the broccoli, but they love it. The cilantro is eaten grudgingly by all. Basil and Beet Greens are overall favorites.

View attachment 436193
View attachment 436196
View attachment 436197
You are feeding exactly how I was planning to feed my fish, I just had someone tell me in another forum that feeding them vegetables all the time causes constipation? I really don't think that sounds right, haha...

I just started my goldies on Repashy Super Gold, they were eating regular goldfish flakes before that. I've only had my fish for about 2 weeks as of today, I cycled the tank for a month and I have a Calico fantail, and a telescope eye. My estimation is that they are about 4 months old. I am really not sure how much to feed these guys, but they really seem to dig the Repashy food, and it's fun to feed from your fingers! ( I only recently learned that you could actually do that, they're really into it). I keep fresh greens around to feed my rabbit already, so mostly what they've gotten is spinach and cilantro, both of which are taken well. I fed them one leaf a day of spinach or a branch of cilantro, like I said, they're pretty small still.

Carbeo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've used the soilent green and the super gold. Quality ingredients and digests well. Beloved by many. I try to get a stiffer gel leaning towards the jerky style to keep things less... particulate. I feed 4 tanks some of this stuff, includes goldfish and their fry, pleco, guppies, swordtails, vieja cichlids and shrimp. New life spectrum is my go-to pellet and omega one flakes and frozen foods round out the varied diet.

skilletlicker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TheeLadyG said:
I just had someone tell me in another forum that feeding them vegetables all the time causes constipation? I really don't think that sounds right, haha...
  1. The vast majority of fishkeeping opinions I've seen;
  2. Some knowledge of the role of green leafy vegetables in human digestion, regularity, and constipation;
  3. Sixty-five years of personal experience related to the topic;
  4. Four months of closely observing Sara and Maybelle;
  5. And common sense;

All lead me to strongly suspect you are correct.
I'm no expert though.

TheeLadyG

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
skilletlicker said:
  1. The vast majority of fishkeeping opinions I've seen;
  2. Some knowledge of the role of green leafy vegetables in human digestion, regularity, and constipation;
  3. Sixty-five years of personal experience related to the topic;
  4. Four months of closely observing Sara and Maybelle;
  5. And common sense;

All lead me to strongly suspect you are correct.
I'm no expert though.
APPARENTLY if you are a person or a fish who never eats any fiber at all, and then suddenly overdoses on a high fiber diet, and then you don't drink enough water, it can cause you to become constipated because you overloaded your gut. This is pretty much the only way that vegetables can cause constipation, I became obsessed and had to know if the statement could possibly be true!... They can , but only under very special circumstances. The more you know!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom