Renewing A 46 Bowfront - Page 2

FinalFins

qquake2k said:
What is a biotope scape?
a biotope scape is a scape that looks like a scene from the wild.

qquake2k

FinalFins

yeah. Hard to get perfect. You could probably still rig it with fake stuff!

qquake2k

Fljoe said:
I’m thinking about a pair of angels as focal fish. I’m hoping as long as I introduce them as juveniles they will work with the Tetras I have. As far as bottom dwellers I was looking at a catfish species, and a rainbow shark. I’ve read that introducing a rainbow shark last could work and only one.
I love angelfish. They're my favorite cichlids. I have a big one in my 65 that is several years old. It was in the 46 bowfront. I also have a young one in my 15 at work.

qquake2k

FinalFins said:
yeah. Hard to get perfect. You could probably still rig it with fake stuff!
I know a lot of aquarists prefer natural looking aquascapes. But I prefer whimsical, eclectic decorations, like the tires in my 26. But like I said, I might try some live plants in this one. That will be a first for me.

qquake2k

I put Stability in it yesterday, and it got a little cloudy. But it had cleared up by the time I got home from work today. I love that Tidal filter!

qquake2k

I got 20 rosy red minnows today. They're neither rosy nor red, but there are a lot of them. My sister was disappointed, she wanted me to get 50 of them. LOL

They kind of went nuts when I put them in, kind of like danios.

qquake2k

A couple videos.

qquake2k

Finally got the Fluval 306 hooked up. Maybe that will clear up the cloudiness. The minnows have finally started to calm down a little bit and swim more in the middle.

potter

I'm glad you got the rosy reds. I've 9 in my 40 gallon. Trust me some of them will colour up into golden color and my adults are all at least 2.5"-3" big and they're beautiful!

qquake2k

It's been what, three weeks? None of mine are any more colorful. And I still haven't gotten a handle on the cloudiness.

potter

That's strange. Most of my bigger rosy are orangy in colour. Here's a pic:

qquake2k

I wish mine were that colorful.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom