Removing substance from rock.

FuryX

Hi everyone. So I used PH Down to test my rocks I got from the lake and I know it contains Sulphuric acid of 9.6%. I tested it and it bubbled a veeery little bit. Is this still safe? And if so should I now soak them to remove any PH Down that may be inside of the rock? Also on the bottle it says never add water to this product. What does that mean?

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_172958067.jpg
    IMG_20200412_172958067.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200412_172951984.jpg
    IMG_20200412_172951984.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 42

CichlidJynx

I use full muriatic acid when I test, Walmart sells it for less than $5. When using that stuff if it bubbles at all it’s a no go, I’m assuming the same for yours

StarGirl

Hi everyone. So I used PH Down to test my rocks I got from the lake and I know it contains Sulphuric acid of 9.6%. I tested it and it bubbled a veeery little bit. Is this still safe? And if so should I now soak them to remove any PH Down that may be inside of the rock? Also on the bottle it says never add water to this product. What does that mean?
I think it means to the bottle itself. If the rock bubbled I wouldnt use it.

FuryX

I use full muriatic acid when I test, Walmart sells it for less than $5. When using that stuff if it bubbles at all it’s a no go, I’m assuming the same for yours
Well all I got was 2 bubbles and they were very tiny. So idk what I should do.

StarGirl

Well all I got was 2 bubbles and they were very tiny. So idk what I should do.
Do you have vinegar? try that. You can just rinse the rock good in hot water.

FuryX

Do you have vinegar? try that. You can just rinse the rock good in hot water.
I already tried vinegar and got no reaction at all as vinegar is less acidic than PH down.

StarGirl

I already tried vinegar and got no reaction at all as vinegar is less acidic than PH down.
They are probably fine then.

FuryX

They are probably fine then.
Thanks so much. I'll be testing the water still just to make sure it's not impacting my pH.

StarGirl

Yeah good plan. I have no idea about you ph down being more acidic or not...

FuryX

Yeah good plan. I have no idea about you ph down being more acidic or not...
The PH Down tells you the percentage of the acidity. PH Down has an acidity of 9.6% and the vinegar has an acidity of 5%. So the reaction will always be stronger the higher the acidity

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CHJ
Replies
Views
AussieCyka
Replies
Views
Daniel Nebushkow
Replies
Views