Removing BBS hulls from water column

SandyDL

Wondering if anyone who’s been using live BBS have had the issue of having a lot of egg hulls or I hatched eggs accidentally enter the tank. I’ve got Angel fish fry and am trying hard not to get an ammonia spike from excess material in the water column. I’ve tried using a linen cloth as a strainer, and cycling about half a tank out and then returning the cleaned water to the tank, gently, but it doesn’t seem to make much difference. Still thousands floating around. Any idea as to how to remove a large number of BBS hulls is appreciated. Ty!

Demeter

Well, firstly don’t put the shells in. Not sure how you are harvesting the hatched BBS but it sounds like you need to improve your methods!

As for removing the ones already in there, turn off all filters/air stones and let them float up. Then use a fine net of turkey baster to remove them.

Flyfisha

Ziss make a sieve for straining bb.
Get the 0.13 size.

As the hulls are floating you could use the sieve as a net to scoop around.

SandyDL

Well, firstly don’t put the shells in. Not sure how you are harvesting the hatched BBS but it sounds like you need to improve your methods!

As for removing the ones already in there, turn off all filters/air stones and let them float up. Then use a fine net of turkey baster to remove them.
Thank you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views
JamieBAnd
Replies
Views
mimo91088