Remove Betta For Tank Remodel?

LauraTee

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Greetings all. I have a betta tank that I want to "remodel". I'm trying to figure out if I should remove my betta while doing it or just work around him? I'm thinking it would be better to remove him but I wanted to check first.

Tank: 5 gallon, cycled, with sponge filter. Anubias and Java fern are the only live plants. I have a ceramic tree and a fake plant as well as some rocks and, of course, gravel.

I don't want to ad any live plants at the moment. I just want to rearrange the decor and replace some of the tiny gravel with some larger gravel. Remove Betta, or not? What worked for you?

(This is an older picture. I use a sponge filter now and the hornwort is gone)
20190719_195302.jpg

Repolie

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
4 years
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything extreme so I would just leave him in, he'll know to avoid stuff.

Carmen79

Reactions
Experience
1 year
Yes just work around him. Never take him out except if it's an emergency, like your tank is leaking, or you are moving him to a bigger tank for example..

OP
LauraTee

LauraTee

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Okay, thank you both for the input.

AmStatic

Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah he'll be a little stressed while you're working in there.. but he'd be more stressed going through the netting and the placement into a strange environment, then netted again, then back into another environment.

OP
LauraTee

LauraTee

Reactions
Experience
Just started
LauraTee said:
Greetings all. I have a betta tank that I want to "remodel". I'm trying to figure out if I should remove my betta while doing it or just work around him? I'm thinking it would be better to remove him but I wanted to check first.

Tank: 5 gallon, cycled, with sponge filter. Anubias and Java fern are the only live plants. I have a ceramic tree and a fake plant as well as some rocks and, of course, gravel.

I don't want to ad any live plants at the moment. I just want to rearrange the decor and replace some of the tiny gravel with some larger gravel. Remove Betta, or not? What worked for you?

(This is an older picture. I use a sponge filter now and the hornwort is gone)
20190719_195302.jpg
Well this is better late then never I guess. Long story short my Betta pictured above went to the big pond in the sky. He was fine one day, bloated and pineconing the next, and gone the day after that. He was a fun fish and lived a happy life.

Since my tank was empty I rearranged it and added more plants. I will include the new pics with photos of my new betta, Iroh.

Attachments

New Threads