Remove Betta For Tank Remodel?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by LauraTee, Aug 18, 2019.

1. LauraTee

LauraTeeNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    Just started
    Greetings all. I have a betta tank that I want to "remodel". I'm trying to figure out if I should remove my betta while doing it or just work around him? I'm thinking it would be better to remove him but I wanted to check first.

Tank: 5 gallon, cycled, with sponge filter. Anubias and Java fern are the only live plants. I have a ceramic tree and a fake plant as well as some rocks and, of course, gravel.

I don't want to ad any live plants at the moment. I just want to rearrange the decor and replace some of the tiny gravel with some larger gravel. Remove Betta, or not? What worked for you?

(This is an older picture. I use a sponge filter now and the hornwort is gone) 20190719_195302.

2. Repolie

RepolieWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,127
    Experience:
    4 years
    It doesn't sound like you're doing anything extreme so I would just leave him in, he'll know to avoid stuff.

3. Carmen79

Carmen79New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +34
    Experience:
    Just started
    Yes just work around him. Never take him out except if it's an emergency, like your tank is leaking, or you are moving him to a bigger tank for example..

4. OP
    OP
    LauraTee

LauraTeeNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2
    Experience:
    Just started
    Okay, thank you both for the input.

5. AmStatic

AmStaticValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +282
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yeah he'll be a little stressed while you're working in there.. but he'd be more stressed going through the netting and the placement into a strange environment, then netted again, then back into another environment.

6. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,079
    Experience:
    2 years
    As everyone said work around him and be sure to update the pics with your bettas new arrangment :)