Reliable seller in Canada?

Willow84

Member
Hi All, I live in Northern Ontario in a city that has 2 LFS and a PetSmart. I have now bought 2 nerite snails from LFS and have not had a good time of it. I am pretty sure one is in the process of dying and the other is nowhere to be found, so I hope it is still in the tank! I bought them because I am new to this all and was leaving my tank lights on too long so now have more algae than I would like. I have read about now nerite snails 'eat algae non-stop' but this has so far not been my experience. I am toying with the idea of ordering a couple online - any other Canadians have good luck with a supplier? Thanks!
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Not Canadian, but have had great success with my nerites from Petco! Just the one incident where the snail escaped and fell on the floor for hours.

So petsmart might be worth a shot. Never looked for them there, myself.
 
  • Thread Starter

Willow84

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Not Canadian, but have had great success with my nerites from Petco! Just the one incident where the snail escaped and fell on the floor for hours.

So petsmart might be worth a shot. Never looked for them there, myself.
We don't have PetCo and we are in lockdown so PetSmart is not allowed to sell fish right now as only items deemed as 'essential' are able to be sold.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Willow84 said:
We don't have PetCo and we are in lockdown so PetSmart is not allowed to sell fish right now as only items deemed as 'essential' are able to be sold.
I forgot about that part. Just read today they can't sell fish because this zebra mussel infestation threat.
 

Diane 007

Member
Maybe try angelfins in Guelph or 520buce both ship Canada wide. Highly recommended
 

Chanyi

Member
Angelfins
Shrimp Fever
SKA Shrimp & Nature Aquariums (He is only on FaceBook).

I have had horrible experiences on multiple occasions with 520Buce. He still owes me money / plants going on 2 years now.
 

Dechi

Member
I have bought from Fragbox in Toronto and it went well. The shipment arrived in about 24 hours and all critters were fine.
 

Diane 007

Member
Never heard of fragbox! Always nice to have more buying options.
 

Dechi

Member
Diane 007 said:
Never heard of fragbox! Always nice to have more buying options.
I think it’s mostly saltwater equipment and fish. I should have mentioned it.
 

A201

Member
"Quebec Ciclides" they are an on line vendor. Plenty of YouTube info available about the store & owner.
 

Dechi

Member
A201 said:
"Quebec Ciclides" they are an on line vendor. Plenty of YouTube info available about the store & owner.
I’ve been to this store many times physically. They’re very reliable and breed some of the fish themselves.
 

Pfrozen

Member
I'm also in Northern Ontario. Angelfins is great but the shipping is pretty rough for a couple snails. Shrimpfever is okay but their plants always give me hydra and they like to bag livestock (which they overcharge for) in the tiniest bags possible which is not ideal. DM me if you want tho, we might even be in the same city considering there's only a few up here and not much else :D if so I can tell you what the best local stores around here are
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom