Reliable Online Plant Sources

1. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Hello all :)

My aunt is looking for a place to order live aquarium plants online. I guess all of the places near her keep their live plants with the fish in their tanks.

Any recommendations? What about Live Aquaria? Other places?

Thanks!

2. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

3. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

4. Axelrodi202 Member Member

Classified sections on planted tank forums are invaluable

5. Adam55 Well Known Member Member

6. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Yeah that occurred to me. In fact I got my favorite plants from Dolfan here. But my aunt, she's a bit of a conspiracy theorist. Always thinking someone has "hacked" her phone or work email and made it glitch. She was convinced it was the same people who hacked eBay haha. But I love her :)

No way she'd go for forum buying, sadly.

7. FiscCyning Member Member

Well Peabody's looks plenty "official" so she should feel safe ordering from there. I just got a big order from them and was extremely happy with the plants, very healthy and nice.

8. poeticinjustices Well Known Member Member

Thanks everyone! I just pointed it out to her.

Unfortunately, you guys also pointed it out to me. My poor, poor wallet. I keep talking about how i have no money anymore and absolutely CANNOT spend anymore yet, somehow, I always find a way.

Who needs food anyway? Breakfast is the important one, as long as I can get that in, I'm good. Right?! Right. :p

9. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Unless the plants are tube plants from a big box LFS or cultured in tissue, mainly all plants are kept with fish. Make sure you verify prior to buying. Best of luck.

10. Axelrodi202 Member Member

That's where forum classifieds come in. Tank breakdowns are a godsend.