Reintroducing babies in the main tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Paicavi, Mar 30, 2010.

1. P

Paicavi Valued Member Member

:;hug2 hi guys, so I have this 10 gallon tank with 3 mollies and 2 tetras the originally had a feast with the new babies. I rescued 4 and put th in a separate tank and they are doing well. Today I found out I left one in the tank and it's doing just as well. The others are not eating her and she is actually in plain sight. Does that mean I can put the other 4 in the tank? Their little container is getting a little cloudy despite water changes

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

feed the tank on one side and re add the babies on the other...but remember just because they havent eaten the one, if they can fit them in their mouth, theres a chance always of them being a meal...having a ton of hiding spots or java moss helps allot....good luck!

3. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

I tried this with my platy fry, but got nervous and bought a tank divider. the divider didn't fit well (didn't want to trim it), so it was kinda just wedged in place. it had some small cracks in the corners that the fry would go through to the other side, then when they would get chased they'd go back to the nursery side. it was funny to watch, they totally knew what was going on.

Well one day i check on them and i see a male and female guppy on the nursery side just swimming in circles jaws- style. i herd them back to the other side, fix the divider, and then proceeded to watch the male guppy run up against the divider until it fell out of place, then to the nursery side again.

at this point the platy fry were about 1 month old, but I still lost several to the adults in the tank. So the end result of the story is that I bought a separate 10 gallon fry tank, lol :)

4. OP
    OP
    P

Paicavi Valued Member Member

Good story Jetta:) but I agree, I think I'm going to put them in the new 1 gallon when it cycles. I hope they hang in there until then. I swear my mollies are like piranhas, not to mention the tetras. They just attack their food, they are worse than my dogs!! And I think one of them as ADHD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice