Rehoming Fish Important

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Robotic fizz, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Robotic fizz

Robotic fizzNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess this is kind of an emergency I hope I am posting in the right place

I never wanted to own fish I’ve been studying on getting reptiles my stepdad said he got me a tank without telling me he also got me fish not only did he get me fish he got me seven common goldfish crammed into a 10 gallon tank

I did a little research and sure enough a 10 gallon tank is definitely not enough for them all he gave me was taP water and water conditioner with a crappy filter one had already died and I’ve only had them go a few hours

I’m scrambling to find a new home ( preferably a pond since they do better in ponds) before it’s to late

But I have no idea what to do I’ve never owned fish before and I never asked to have fish but now I’m stuck with 7 of them and I don’t want them to die in the small tank

Is there anywhere near St. Louis that would take them?

Also I’m sorry if this whole post is a mess I have no idea how this site works but I know a lot of you know a lot about fish I wanna give them a good life but I can’t

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2018
  2. Sassonic

SassonicValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +39
    Experience:
    1 year
    Try Craigslist, or your nearest tropical fish store. My fish breed so to deal with population I sell to people on craigslist. Also, there's a tropical fish store that give me store credit if I drop off fish to them. Try doing one of those things.

3. AquaticJ

AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,455
    Experience:
    5 years
    They’re not going to give you credit and nobody will buy them online, your step dad probably bought ¢15 feeder goldfish. Just take them to any pet store and give them as a donation.

4. Sassonic

SassonicValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +39
    Experience:
    1 year
    Yep, they are goldfish which aren't very popular, that's a good point. But posting on CL is free... But goldfish could end up as feeder fish and you'd be sending them to their execution...

5. AquaticJ

AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,455
    Experience:
    5 years
    I get what you mean, it’s sad but it is what it is. It’s winter and people aren’t stocking their ponds, so they’d need a giant tank. The longer they’re in OPs tank, the worse it’ll get.

6. OP
    OP
    Robotic fizz

Robotic fizzNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys for trying to help but I’m sad to say they all passed away