Important Rehoming Fish

Robotic fizz

Reaction score
I guess this is kind of an emergency I hope I am posting in the right place

I never wanted to own fish I’ve been studying on getting reptiles my stepdad said he got me a tank without telling me he also got me fish not only did he get me fish he got me seven common goldfish crammed into a 10 gallon tank

I did a little research and sure enough a 10 gallon tank is definitely not enough for them all he gave me was taP water and water conditioner with a crappy filter one had already died and I’ve only had them go a few hours

I’m scrambling to find a new home ( preferably a pond since they do better in ponds) before it’s to late

But I have no idea what to do I’ve never owned fish before and I never asked to have fish but now I’m stuck with 7 of them and I don’t want them to die in the small tank

Is there anywhere near St. Louis that would take them?

Also I’m sorry if this whole post is a mess I have no idea how this site works but I know a lot of you know a lot about fish I wanna give them a good life but I can’t

Sassonic

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Try Craigslist, or your nearest tropical fish store. My fish breed so to deal with population I sell to people on craigslist. Also, there's a tropical fish store that give me store credit if I drop off fish to them. Try doing one of those things.

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They’re not going to give you credit and nobody will buy them online, your step dad probably bought ¢15 feeder goldfish. Just take them to any pet store and give them as a donation.

Sassonic

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
AquaticJ said:
They’re not going to give you credit and nobody will buy them online, your step dad probably bought ¢15 feeder goldfish. Just take them to any pet store and give them as a donation.
Yep, they are goldfish which aren't very popular, that's a good point. But posting on CL is free... But goldfish could end up as feeder fish and you'd be sending them to their execution...

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sassonic said:
Yep, they are goldfish which aren't very popular, that's a good point. But posting on CL is free... But goldfish could end up as feeder fish and you'd be sending them to their execution...
I get what you mean, it’s sad but it is what it is. It’s winter and people aren’t stocking their ponds, so they’d need a giant tank. The longer they’re in OPs tank, the worse it’ll get.

OP
Robotic fizz

Robotic fizz

Reaction score
Thank you guys for trying to help but I’m sad to say they all passed away

New Threads