Rehoming Betta Rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Its about time to start rehoming these guys. They've improved dramatically since I first got them.

I'm still trying to work on their swim bladder disease but it looks like it's a genetic deformity due to how horribly inbred these guys are and it'll be with them for life. Their spinal deformities have gotten so much straighter and should completely straighten out in no time.

Because of their SBD it's best not to feed them freezedried or flake food even if it's been presoaked. It's best to underfeed these guys to help keep bloat down, and they will also need the help of a pea or daphnia at least once a week.

I know not everyone will want an imperfect betta but these guys have big hearts. Most are extremely friendly as far as bettas go. They really enjoy resting in your hand and loving on you whenever you put your hand in the tank. I would trust the majority of these guys in a community tank.

There's gold platinum males, blues with black markings and a grey copper (I think female). Most are males though

If you're interested I'm asking for you to pay for shipping, or nothing if you can pick them up. I just want them to go to a good home.

The only thing I really require is that they'd be going into a tank that's at least 2.5 gallons. It would also be nice if you had some plants/decor (real or not) in there because it really helps them to have a place near the surface to rest due to their SBD.

So lemme know if you'd like one, tank size, parameters, stocking ideas and location

Will send pictures upon request of the color/gender you want

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 12, 3 have homes already and 1 I'm very tempted at keeping. So 8 who need homes still
I still need to look into it but if I were to it would be put in a 5g planted tank and I don't know my parameters

ill message you sometime soon if I can good luck!!! I hope you find great homes for all of them

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
luckdown

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Here's pictures of some of the rescues. There's 3 other gold platinums who are in their own tanks as well.

Attachments

OP
luckdown

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Still have any looking for homes? I might bite (;
How much would it be to ship to 48088?
I forgot to update. I have actually rehomed everyone now I'm sorry.

I mean I do have one of my personal males that I've been toying with the idea of selling but he's a bit much to handle due to his extremely skittish nature.

KakeHugs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I forgot to update. I have actually rehomed everyone now I'm sorry.

I mean I do have one of my personal males that I've been toying with the idea of selling but he's a bit much to handle due to his extremely skittish nature.
thats no problem! Im glad they found homes!

OP
luckdown

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thats no problem! Im glad they found homes!
Me too! I'm really happy about it but man do I miss them.

Well I guess this advice won’t work for anybody now...
Lol xD perhaps in the future it will! I am trying to get into running a betta rescue. I've already rescued another male who's pretty torn up but starting to heal. And keeping my eyes open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom