Rehoming Betta Fish

Ainsley

Reaction score
hello everyone!
I have two male Betta fish but I have to go out of town constantly and feel like I am not able to clean their tanks as much as I want to. I live in a small area and everyone kind of knows each other but I don’t really know anyone I’d trust with my Bettas. I am in high school and most of my friends don’t take the best care of their fish. I have mine in a 5 and 10 gallon tank with heaters and plants but most people I know just plop them in little bowls without heaters
Any suggestions for how to find a home where people take good care of their Bettas or just how to rehome them in general?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Once you hit 50 posts you can try selling them here, but you’ll likely need to ship. You can also check out any fish groups near you and see if they’d take any. May have to go to another town/city that’s nearby, but it would likely be worth it.

alex0429

Valued Member
Reaction score
I always give my tanks to the people I rehome my fosters to so that they dont have an excuse for putting them in tiny bowls without heaters. But I also always educate them and they're not willing to put in the work then they dont get to adopt them. Some people just dont know the actual care of a betta because people educate based on the misconceptions. Just educate and see if that something the people in your town are willing to do. And that goes for anyone rehoming in or outside of your town

thanks

yeah for sure! I’ll definitely give them the tanks and educate them on care. Thanks for replying

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom