Rehome Guppy Or Get More? Question

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Buganjimo, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Buganjimo

BuganjimoWell Known MemberMember

So, I have a 20 gallon tank with the following stocking
    -1 bolivan ram
    -8 rummynose tetras
    -1 guppy

The guppy in this tank was a long story, but basically he slipped into the bag and by the time I noticed it was kinda too late, and I’m kind of attached to him.
    But here’s my problem, the rummynose’s keep nipping at his tail so its all bitten, which I feel quite bad about, but he is also the one attempting to school with the tetras.

My question is, would it be good to get a couple other guppies (maybe 2 females to distract him) so he’ll hang out with the other guppies and not the tetras or just rehome him?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

2. Bearwithfish

BearwithfishValued MemberMember

Nwver a dumb question. You are able to keep him all g or get more if you want. Personally I love guppies so I say get more!!

3. OP
    OP
    Buganjimo

Thanks for the reply! Do you think if I got more the tetras would stop biting their tails or just continue?

4. Bearwithfish

BearwithfishValued MemberMember

They go after anything that waves so likely they will continue for a bit. Until the guppy learned to run or hide from time to time

5. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Or you could set up a nice guppy tank ;)
    I've heard getting more tetras decreases aggression, but you already have a good number of them, but if you think it's worth a shot you can try it.

6. OP
    OP
    Buganjimo

Aha, don’t tempt me with another tank lol ;) too many already... (says my gf, but I don’t think that’s possible)

I might just put him in my qt for a while to heal his fins up and re introduce him after and see if they’re more well behaved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice