Regrowing Mystery Snail Antenna

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello.

I recently got myself a new mystery snail, and since it's started coming out of it's shell and exploring, I've encountered a problem I've never had with my past ones. Little guy has little bitty stubby antenna. All my others in the past have had long flowy antenna. I guess they got nipped off somewhere in his past. How can I help him regrow them (assuming my quick Google search was correct that they even can)? I'm assuming a good diet and water change schedule will help more than anything, but is there anything else? Google didn't really have any helpful information besides it can happen. Oh, and just because, here's a picture from the day I got him.
IMG_20180423_212016941_HDR.jpg

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello.

I recently got myself a new mystery snail, and since it's started coming out of it's shell and exploring, I've encountered a problem I've never had with my past ones. Little guy has little bitty stubby antenna. All my others in the past have had long flowy antenna. I guess they got nipped off somewhere in his past. How can I help him regrow them (assuming my quick Google search was correct that they even can)? I'm assuming a good diet and water change schedule will help more than anything, but is there anything else? Google didn't really have any helpful information besides it can happen. Oh, and just because, here's a picture from the day I got him.
View attachment 433201
Keep parameters good, keep the water warm (78-80 degrees Fahrenheit), and feed lots of food especially protein.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom