Refugium/sump

Jaystank

I'm upgrading my freshwater tank soon so I'm gunna have a extra 20 gal tank laying around been thinking about making it into a refugium/sump for my 65 gal saltwater tank how would I go about setting it up and whatnot any input it welcomed thanks

Coradee

Bumping this up for you

Jaystank

Thanks

SecretiveFish

Unless you want to drill your tank, you will need to get an external overflow box and a pump rated to return around the same GPH. We have CPR overflow boxes and they are OK, but we going to try out an Eshopps one.

You will probably want to add some baffles in the sump so that you can keep a constant water level for the skimmer.

Jaystank

SecretiveFish said:
Unless you want to drill your tank, you will need to get an external overflow box and a pump rated to return around the same GPH. We have CPR overflow boxes and they are OK, but we going to try out an Eshopps one.

You will probably want to add some baffles in the sump so that you can keep a constant water level for the skimmer.
Thanks I've researched it a lot and watched videos ect ect I'm juat afraid I'm gunna mess it up somehow

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom