Refugium light

Lemonpeel
I've been wanting to purchase a Biocube 29 HQI with a built in Refugium... My problem is that it doesn't come with a light... Does anyone know where I can get a light that puts out little or no heat and has a good enough output to grow Cheato? I would like to raise some Copepods while my tank cycles...

Stang Man
HQI is the light that it supposed to come with> Is the tank your looking at has no light?

harpua2002
I think the OP is looking for a light to go on a refugium to use at night.

I haven't used this product so I don't know much about it, but I was looking at this for a refugium I just made. It seems like it should work.

David C
I was looking at those a couple days ago harpua, let us know how they work. I use a CFL floodlight clipped inside my stand and shining down on the sump. Something like that would work, but definitely not as smooth looking as harpua's LED light.

Dave

harpua2002
David C said:
I was looking at those a couple days ago harpua, let us know how they work. I use a CFL floodlight clipped inside my stand and shining down on the sump. Something like that would work, but definitely not as smooth looking as harpua's LED light.

Dave
Well I haven't ordered any product yet, still thinking about it. I also use a clamp light for my fuge in my 29 gallon, but wanted to avoid that look since the AC fuge sits on the outside of my 30 gallon.

ATP
I'm using two daylight flood lights on my fuge. They're clamped on the 75 gallon sump and both pointing directly at the macro algae. My refugI'm is probably like 10 gallons or so.

Lemonpeel
Thanks... I've got it resolved... I think...
JBJ Nano-Glo 4-LED Magnetic Refugium Light from Marinedepot.com

Lemonpeel
I do plan on having it on a timer and running it through the night for an hour before my Main Tank lights go out to an hour after they come on in the morning...

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom