Refugium help.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How can I get the siphon effect working? I dont have a sump and I am using my 10gal tank for a refugium. Also how high should the refugium be next to the display tank?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You need a return pump and some other things. You don't want to rush into it because if you do something on accident.......water all over the floor.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What will I need and what pump do you suggest?

Louie3

Reaction score

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes you need an overflow box , tank (sump) with baffles and a return pump. Size of flow should be 3 to 5 time your display tank volume.
( 30 gal X 3 = 90 gph ) this is slow flow ... ( 30 gal X 5 = 150 gph ) ... This should not be confused with rate of flow inside your display
tank, which should much higher.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No over flow. I almost had to get rid of my fish. THey where without there filter for a week because of a tank leak. My mom got me more sealant which is good. so after it cures in a few days I can reset the filter and skimmer and hopefully all will be well. I had them on ebay for a 1 day duration so they can go to a home with a filter. I think maybe the hermit crabs leg pokeked through it and caused it to leak. it looked like a pin-hole

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Where was the leak ? How did you patch it ?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom