Refugium help.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How can I get the siphon effect working? I don't have a sump and I am using my 10gal tank for a refugium. Also how high should the refugium be next to the display tank?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You need a return pump and some other things. You don't want to rush into it because if you do something on accident.......water all over the floor.

agsansoo

Well Known
Reaction score
Yes you need an overflow box , tank (sump) with baffles and a return pump. Size of flow should be 3 to 5 time your display tank volume.
( 30 gal X 3 = 90 gph ) this is slow flow ... ( 30 gal X 5 = 150 gph ) ... This should not be confused with rate of flow inside your display
tank, which should much higher.

OP
I

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No over flow. I almost had to get rid of my fish. THey where without there filter for a week because of a tank leak. My mom got me more sealant which is good. so after it cures in a few days I can reset the filter and skimmer and hopefully all will be well. I had them on ebay for a 1 day duration so they can go to a home with a filter. I think maybe the hermit crabs leg pokeked through it and caused it to leak. it looked like a pin-hole

New Threads