Reflection

Maddy30

I’ve realized today that my fish are on the top of the water roof still looking at their own reflection how do I keep them entertained or block out their reflection It is a new tank and got it two days ago but this one is glass?

alven

In my opinion, it's quite normal for them to be looking at their reflection. To keep them entertained maybe add more hiding spaces/ live or fake plants. Also, welcome to FishLore! :)

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I think what you are referring to is "glass surfing". Pretty normal for a lot of species in a new tank. Plants along the glass to break up the reflection helps, though it usually stops after a few days, anyway.

Upvote 0

alven

As he said above, the same thing happened to my new former fish. It should stop after the 1st week, and if not, there's a problem.

Upvote 0

HupGuppHup

When I saw your title on my recent posts list, I thought someone was posting some deep thoughts ;)

Upvote 0

Batmantheanglefish

I agree with what the others said. I would give it a few days and see if they stop sometimes it can be caused due to stress or tank size. Also, it says you don’t understand the Nitrogen cycle? Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle thats a link it’s very helpful! Good luck with your tank! :D

Upvote 0

alven

Maddy30 Oh dear. It says that you do not understand the Nitrogen Cycle on your profile. Everyone on here if they haven't already will tell you that understanding the Nitrogen Cycle as a fishkeeper is crucial to you and the success of your fish. I strongly suggest that you read up on it. However fear not because I was in your position too earlier this month. https://fishlab.com/how-to-cycle-aquarium/ -----> This site was truly a blessing. It helped me understand cycling and the nitrogen cycle much better. If you're still confused, there are a lot of people on here willing to answer all of your questions! Good luck. :D

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MacZ
  • Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies