Reef Tank

2714fish

Hello,
I am thinking about starting a saltwater reef tank. This would not be my first fish tank, as I have lots of experience with freshwater. However, this would be my first saltwater tank.

I was planning on a 32 gallon.

I would have live sand, mostly live rock, and Coral(obviously).

The tank I was thinking about was the Coralife LED BioCube 32 All-inclusive Aquarium.

My fish stock I was thinking is...

2 Clownfish
2 Blue Chromis
1 Firefish
A very small clean up crew

The Corals I was thinking are...

- Zoanthids
- Green Star Polyps
- War Coral
- Neon Green Trumpet Coral
- Montipora(Pink Polyp, Neon Polyp)
- Duncanopsammia
- Blastomussa(maybe)

How does this sound? Not sure about the corals. It seems like it is probably too many.

Also, if I could have some info on coral care that would be great.

Thanks!
- Jack

KyleThatGuy

After the cycle I would add the blue green chromis and cleanup crew to see how they do. If they do good go with the green stars to start off with see how that goes. add the fire fish then the pair of clowns. Then start adding the rest of the coral oh and you will most likely eventually end up with only one blue green...

ryanr

Hi,
For your fish stock; chromis will do better in a small shoal (6+), so I'd probably pass on them. 2 could pose a problem, as they may fight. 2 Clowns (assuming you're talking oscellaris/percs), will be fine, just be sure to get a known pair to reduce any chances of aggression. A firefish would be fine.
You could (rather than chromis) consider some of the smaller blenny/goby. Maybe the neon goby (if you're after the blue)

Corals:
Montipora can be difficult to keep (being SPS, you'll want to get quite comfortable before you add). Plus, well looked after, they can grow quite large.
Everything else looks pretty good though. Blasto can be a little tricky, but generally pretty good.

2714fish

Okay great! I will look into some other fish instead of the Blue Chromis, and get back later....

Thanks!

2714fish

Any ideas of any fish? Other than gobies or blennies?

What about Pajama Cardinals or Banggia Cardinals?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
AquaPhilNJ
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views