Reed Diffuser and Aquariums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red1313, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Ok so I bought one of those reed scent diffuser things (which I may be getting rid of if it turns out to be the source of my current head-ache) but I'm just curious if the "scent" would cause a problem with my tanks? It's well away from most of them but since I've heard of people having problems from using febreeze etc. I thought I'd double check.

2. NutterFishlore VIPMember

Shouldn't be a problem. My missus loves those things & there are always a few of them in our house. I don't really like them being in the same room as any of the tanks but she doesn't listen & I can honestly say that in the 3yrs or so she has been buying them regularly, I've never experienced a problem with my fish that can relate to the diffusers.

3. sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

You wouldn't want one right next to a small aquarium, but it shouldn't be harmful just being in the room. The oils that end up in the air are usually the same type of thing that would be found near tropical waterways, anyway, as they're essential oils.

4. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Ok thanks guys :)

The only tank in the room with it is the 56 gal goldie tank. I'll make sure to keep it away from the Betta tanks :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice