Reducing PH and Rummy-Nose Tetra debacle

wellthatdidntwork

HI everyone! So I bought 5 rummy-nose 2 days ago tetras. My PH level is around 7.6. I currently have 2 of them losing color and almost going belly up. The other ones appear to be fine. Do you think this is caused by the PH? If so is there something I could add to my filter to slightly reduce it? 0 nitrites, 0 ammonia, 5 nitrate. Other fish in there are 5 panda tetras, 3 blood fin tetras and 4 orange shrimp

CindiL

Hi, welcome to the forum

No, it wouldn't be from your PH, my rummy-nose are in PH of 7.9.

How did you acclimate them? Usually they lose color on the way home but once in your tank for a few hours to a day should get nice and bright again if they are feeling safe. They best in larger groups, so I would think about adding a few more. They feel safe with lots of decorations or plants also.

wellthatdidntwork

I acclimated them by adding a little water at a time of about 1 hour. They did lose a ton of color on the way home but got it back almost immediately after in the tank. I do have a planted tank with couple species of Val, water sprite, anubias and a couple nice pieces of milasian drifwood that has plenty of hiding places. The 2 looking sick ones will still school with the others so I don't think it would be stress

CindiL

Sometimes new fish just don't make it but another day or two will tell and their colors should really start brightening up.

wellthatdidntwork

That's for the help. I was really concerned about the PH. I'll keep an eye on them the next couple days

NotEnoughTanks

Don't mess with ph if u don't have to. I had a tank with a betta in it and it died because of ph

Mom2some

What size is the tank?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JakeDfish
Replies
Views
HaileStorm
Replies
Views
Five 97