Redsea50 lighting

Reefgirl
Good morning reefers! I have 29 gallon salt water tank. I only have a few corals 1 BTA, cleaner shrimp, fire fish, clown fish, gobbstopper, nirvana, yellow brick road, shelf coral, and a mushroom. My question is my lighting. I have a Refers50 led. My BTA was not thriving. Should I be using 100% blue and 10% white. This is what the LFS that I used suggested for me. Thoughts?

Coradee
Welcome to Fishlore, hope our salty members can help with your question today

AquaPhilNJ
Those lighting settings sounds fine; the light itself I think it is ok. To know for certain one can measure the intensity of a reef light with a par meter. I don't think lighting is issue. IMO Alk stability is major concern for BTA, among other things, so many things could cause it to not thrive. Water changes could be causing ALK instability, ensure ALK in water bucket matches tank. Ensure you add water to bucket then add salt; otherway around causes ALK precipitation.

Jesterrace
Reefgirl said:
Good morning reefers! I have 29 gallon salt water tank. I only have a few corals 1 BTA, cleaner shrimp, fire fish, clown fish, gobbstopper, nirvana, yellow brick road, shelf coral, and a mushroom. My question is my lighting. I have a Refers50 led. My BTA was not thriving. Should I be using 100% blue and 10% white. This is what the LFS that I used suggested for me. Thoughts?
How long has the tank been up? If it's a young tank it might be simply that the tank is still too unstable for a BTA (they generally like well established tanks and bright light). Just saying it might not be the lighting at all especially if your corals are doing well.

Latest threads

Top Bottom