redoing my ten gallon

shadowfish
I can never get my tank to look right and I want to redo my 10 gallon tank.right now its just a mess of plants (I'm sure the shrimp and fish like it) but finding my shrimp is next to impossable...the big plant you see is mainly wisteria with some ancharis mixed in.I have 4 moss balls and a small clump of java moss.I have a piece of drift wood with anabis growing on it (along with java moss) and the rock you see (I can get pretty much any type or shape rock I want) any ideas on how to arange this?what I have in the tank is 2 cory cats,2 amino shrimp,2 nerite snails,around 70 MTS and 15 pond snails,and 3 cherry shrimp,2 assassin snails.

also if you have any ideas for a small group of fish that would go good with this I'm open to ideas.

Note:I'm saving up for a better light that will light the whole tank just so you know.

fish tank.jpg

any other plant I could get to make it look better?

Attachments

• fish cory.jpg
    fish cory.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 266

Advertisement
mikerox29
I would actually re-home the corys because they need a bigger tank idealy. Then I would fill the tank with a small school of ember tetras

Advertisement
shadowfish
I would rehome the corys but my mom would be really bummed (she got them for me for cristmas) and getting more might make it worse I think they are happy one is laying eggs all the time and I'm hoping I can get a bigger tank soon (I know,everyone with a too small tank says that).

how hard water can ember tetras stand?

shadowfish
my ph is 8.0 so its too high.

mikerox29
Fish are quite good to adapting to PH levels. It is easier for them to transfer from soft,acidic water to harder water then it would be vice versa. I think the fish would adapt to be honest. It isn't likely that you would be getting wild fish that would NEED the correct PH

shadowfish
ok ill think on it.
any ideas on my ten gallon rescaping

Advertisement

mikerox29
Hmm, I would maybe get rid of some of the wisteria (if you wanted to) and then add crypts along the front. Also maybe a centrepiece piece of driftwood with some anubias or jave fern attached would look awesome in the centre

shadowfish
dont crypts get fairly big for the front?whats the latin name for the plant your thinking of?
my piece of drift wood is small and boxy would a longer twisted piece look better?

mikerox29
Yeh I think a long twisted piece with some holes in it would make a good place for anubias or java fern to grow and would look awesome if it spanned the hole of your tank. Also I only know crypts as crypts because I am fairly new to keeping live plants but I know they don't need much help

shadowfish
I think what ill do is get a long piece or drift wood for the whole tank (if I can find the right piece)
and then on the left back corner some wistera (ill have to keep it trimmed) and remove the rock then get something smaller for the front any ideas for plants?(I was thinking dwarf chain sword will this work?Can ancharis stand some water flow?

mikerox29
My anacharis can handle a bit of flow just make sure it is secure. Soundds like a good plan

shadowfish

my tank.jpg heres my redone tank ill be getting a twisted piece of DW soon and a new light.I'm still looking for plant ideas.

I dropped my light in the tank...everything is ok so far...clumsy me LOL

the thumb nail is my old tank BTW I tried to cancel that pic becuse I picked the wrong pic and it turned into a thumb nail

Attachments

• fish tank.jpg
    fish tank.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 108

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mevly
Replies
Views
Neppley
Replies