Redoing hardscape again tips

Blondeath

I’ve been trying very hard to scape my tanks just how I picture them and after a month it fails. The sand starts to move. So I put rocks and build up a bank but the sand moves and the rocks are visible.
I’ve read about using Drainage Cells but can’t find any locally in the US. I’ve come up with possibly using raised Grip-Loc tiles.

anyone have any suggestions? I just want my hard scape to stay where I put it lol. One of the tanks has a higher flow so it seems to unravel a tad quicker than the other one.

jehorton

I’ve been trying very hard to scape my tanks just how I picture them and after a month it fails. The sand starts to move. So I put rocks and build up a bank but the sand moves and the rocks are visible.
I’ve read about using Drainage Cells but can’t find any locally in the US. I’ve come up with possibly using raised Grip-Loc tiles.

anyone have any suggestions? I just want my hard scape to stay where I put it lol. One of the tanks has a higher flow so it seems to unravel a tad quicker than the other one.
Ive had this same issue before and know exactly what you are talking about. My advice is go with bigger rocks/stones/elevation, and go smaller to smaller and try to match your color of sand and what's directly beneath it, this should help hold the most unless you are trying to do drastic elevation in your scapes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
Preston Landolt
Replies
Views
bassbonediva
Replies
Views