Redoing 10 Gallon (take two)

JJ3204

Over the summer I said that I was going to redo my ten gallon and just never did. Last time I had no idea what I was doing, this time I have some idea. It’s going to be low-tech using the cheap light that came with my aqueon rimmed ten gallon, and probably just lots of anubias variants, ‘green’ crypts, java fern, and possibly monte carlo or some sort of carpeting. If I could get dwarf hair grass to work that’s be cool. I’ve already bought Fluval Stratum, not sure if I need root tabs but if I do, that’s fine, and for ferts I’m going to try and get Easy Green but I’m not ordering anything else from Aquarium Co-Op so it seems kind of redundant. In my previous tanks, scaping was easy cause I was in the hobby just because I liked fish but now I like the scaping part of it, so lots of questions will be asked.
Once I order my wood and rocks, I’ll update this with a picture of my plan. I don’t know how long it will take, probably a few weeks, but if I don’t post this now I won’t remember to.

attheworld

I'm going to be redoing my own 10 gallon soon, and currently trying to gather ideas. This is especially great since we have similar stocking. It'll be nice to follow your progress!

JJ3204

Hope to see what I can make out of a budgeted scape! It’d be cool to see what you’re doing too.

JJ3204

Sorry for never updating this. My betta fish that I was originally going to put in the tank passed away, he was only two so I’m trying to figure out if anything was wrong with the tank. Recently, I bought some anubias and swords that are currently in a fresh 10 gallon, and I also got the permission to get a 20 gallon as well. I think I’m going to do my own thing with the 10 gallon, possibly a one species only tank with either a few or ember tetras. If/when I get a 20 gallon, I’ll be back on here for suggestions. Sorry if you were interested in this thread, I don’t think I’ll be updating it. Also if someone has the ability to delete/close this thread, that’s cool too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TWiG87
Replies
Views
Eglassford
Replies
Views
Euryak
Replies
Views