Redid my tank a little

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by freak78, Dec 21, 2012.

1. freak78

freak78Well Known MemberMember

Ok scored some more rock and another piece of driftwood yesterday for a great price. Here's before and after pic's. Thinking about pulling some of the green out on the left side of the tank to expose more of the driftwood. Kind of a rushed pic on the after shot.

After.
    rsz_11elf_038.jpg

Before.
    DSC07406.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. OP
    OP
    freak78

With my setup now I'm wishing I woul've done a cichlid community. Oh well dowm the road I will.

3. chevyguy8893Well Known MemberMember

Nice setup, the new layout looks good, nice work. I still like how well you have blended the hardscape into the background on the tank, that really doesn't seem like it would be easy to do. That would be a good layout for a cichlid community with all the caves you have. I see you picked up an aqueon pro, how do you like it so far?

4. Lisa MacAlpine

Lisa MacAlpineValued MemberMember

That's really pretty. :)

5. OP
    OP
    freak78

Thanks. Love the aqueon pro heater. Very stable temp now.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. Charlotte_

Charlotte_New MemberMember

7. pettoValued MemberMember

Verry nice love how natural it looks :)

8. Kai

KaiValued MemberMember

I am seriously in love with this tank O_O. Great work and thank you for sharing it with us. ^^

9. OP
    OP
    freak78

Thanks. I have one more piece of driftwood I want to put in it. I just have to find the right one.

10. pettoValued MemberMember

love it bet your fish are on a high checking out there new tank with stuff being moved around

11. OP
    OP
    freak78

Yeah they are. I've doubled the caves and made more room for them to swim at the back of the tank. Their happy as lark's!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  12. babypuffer

babypufferNew MemberMember

Awesome job!

13. hoboValued MemberMember

Looks Great Nice Job

14. OP
    OP
    freak78

Ok I've found 3 more small pieces of driftwood that will Work and really make the tank Stand out. One of them is hardwood from around here the other 2 are Malaysia driftwood so I'm letting them soak in hot water for 4 or 5 days to keep most of the tannins from leaching in my tank. I will take pics when I'm finally done. Thanks for all the positive responses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice