Redecorating What should I add to 10g tank?

Kelsprincess

I feel like my 10gallon tank is missing something as far as the way it looks. I have 5 neon tetras, 1 cory and 1 female gourami. Should I add more plants or change decorations maybe add wood ? What kinds?

Attachments

• 4297AE12-8F4F-45C2-90D1-6314E9D3620C.jpeg
    4297AE12-8F4F-45C2-90D1-6314E9D3620C.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 31

Tigerburp

I feel like my 10gallon tank is missing something as far as the way it looks. I have 5 neon tetras, 1 cory and 1 female gourami. Should I add more plants or change decorations maybe add wood ? What kinds?
I would add one big price of wood in the Center and place some java fern behind to hide the heaters

ruud

Finding one nice piece of large wood can be challenging. I would purchase several pieces and create a nice wood scape. Either top-down as in a mangrove or bottom-up. My favorite woods are Talawa and Spiderwood (wood of the genus Rhododendron). Google "aquascape" and "wood" to find more types that are used by aquascapers.

Once your wood scape is ready, you can place epiphyte plants that attach to wood (with some initial help) or plant between the wood branches.

A rock scape, by itself or in combination with wood, is also possible, but frankly, if one lacks experience with scaping, wood is easier than rocks. Rocks really depends on the scape for the looks (especially if one scapes in heights), whereas a wood oftentimes looks like a scape in itself.

Good luck.

JLDJ

Here is my 10 gal tank that might give you some ideas

It is plated with Anacharis, Hornwort, a Crypt" plant, and some Dwarf Swords in the fore ground ends
It also has some "Fogbit " floating
These plants do play a big part in keeping "Nitrates" down to acceptable levels.
Also, these plants do not need (added) Co2 and do just fine with some occasional liquid fertilizer added.
At night with the light out, most fish are peacefully hiding and and / or sleeping among the plants and can usually not be seen. The fish really seem to like the plants..

About the wood.....
I got mine from a dealer in China via e-Bay that had options for small, medium and large size. wood roots
i went for the small size and whet I received is perfect for a small tank..
IMO, a piece of wood should be mounted off center and a small plant on the other side for aesthetic balance. I use a Crypt Plant for this balance..

BTW, I also have Neon Tetras and Cory Cats :)

Attachments

• 001+new_picx.jpg
    001+new_picx.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 21

yeti79

I would add more plants. Any crypt would eventually hide the heater

Chiasmodon

In my case finding driftwood or buying one is hard. They are expensive even in a small size. luckily I have found mine just nearby the creek. but if you can afford them, then go for roots (driftwood)... I believe they are more resistant compared to branches. Also, I suggest you get more plants because fish loves them. but I would recommend epiphytes like Java fern or H. Pinfaffida, your choice.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CoryVang
  • Question
Replies
Views
immaman1992
Replies
Views
coolio3991
Replies