Redecorated My Aquarium!

celizabethh3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I see an angel but are those also gouramis? If so, how do you find they get along? When I get my tank to where it should be, I want an angel and/or gourami but wasn't sure if they'd be okay together.

Brokenshadows34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It is a 45 gallon tank with one angel, two red honey gouramis, two albino sailfin mollies, one Congo tetra, two red eye tetras, three zebra danios, and a bristlenose pleco.

All of my fish get along very well, even the gouramis and the angel. My angel is very passive and never chases anyone at all, but I've heard their personalities can vary and, like with most fish, some can be more aggressive than others.

Brokenshadows34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
In fact, my gouramis tend to follow Kai, my angel, around the whole tank almost constantly. My angel has never even nipped another fish, but, like I said, some angelfish probably have the potential to be absolute bullies, just like with any other fish.

Adam55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't have an angel at the moment, but I've never had an issue with them being aggressive. Maybe keeping only one helps because any breeding aggression is not a concern.

Brokenshadows34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Often I've read that angels can be aggressive towards small fish such as danios and guppies. I've never had a problem with Kai and my zebra danios.

Brokenshadows34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh, by the way, I recently bought this conditioner called Algaefix because my tank water turned a dark green from the heat outside and from the window nearby. I put the amount recommended in yesterday, and within an hour the green was gone and today the tank water is clear as glass, literally:

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1402067508.884512.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom