Redecorated 25 Gallon Freshwater Community Tank

jreinhart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Last week I redecorated my tank by re-arranging the decor. The only live plants are the Marimo balls. Everything else is plastic or silk fake plants.

Aquarium-Front.JPG
Front of the tank. There's a blue Mystery Snail on the big Marimo Ball. The little things on the Marimo Ball are brine shrimp. The fish were just fed before these photos were taken.

Aquarium-Left.JPG
Left side of the tank. The fake plants were redistributed so that a vast majority are located here. I tried to create a dense underwater forest. The Corydoras love to hide in here and the Cardinals like to hide in the back of here.

Aquarium-Right-Close.JPG
Right side of the tank. The cave is a popular destination for the Mystery Snails. Inside you can see a yellow Mystery Snail. Most of the front and right of the tank is open to give the fish plenty of swimming space.

Aquarium-Right.JPG
Close up of the right side with one of the smaller Marimo Balls.

Cardinal-Tetras.JPG
Cardinal Tetras. This is most of the school. There's 7 in total.

Corydoras-Emerald.JPG
This Emerald Corydora is the newest inhabitant. He's HUGE at roughly 3 inches long. He's also very shy. Most of the time he hides in the dense planting on the left side of the tank.

Mystery-Snail-Blue.JPG
Closeup of the blue Mystery Snail. He's eating some of the brine shrimp that landed on the big Marimo ball.

Mystery-Snail-Yellow.JPG
Closeup of the yellow Mystery Snail hanging out in the cave.

Aquarium.JPG
A final look at the newly redecorated aquarium.

What does everyone think?

jreinhart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Very nice looking! I thought those plants were real till you said otherwise!
Thank you. There's between 10 and 15 fake plants plus the 3 Marimo Balls. Am thinking about buying another 3-5 fake plants to make the right a little denser, leaving the front as open swimming. OR about buying a small piece of driftwood to put on the right. If I do that I will move the cave closer to the front.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom