Reddish spot on male gourami

Sarahjl

I have a 50 gal tank about 3 months old w 2 blue gourami males, a few black mollies, black neon tetras and Danios. This weekend I noticed that the dominant male has a reddish spot above his R eye. He is behaving normally and eating fine. What could this be?

Betta'sAnonymous

In this picture, looks like a scrape. I would do partial water changes every couple days or so to keep the water clean and help prevent infection.

Sarahjl

Hi, the spot is less red but larger. Have done a partial water change 3x this past week. What next?

Here is a photo of the 2nd Gourami with color change on its side. Is this a disease? Its not like rhe spot on the 1st Gourami

AggressiveAquatics

How much of the water are you changing and also are you currently using any medicine?

Sarahjl

Not sure what happened to my follow up post, it looks less red but bigger. He's not holding his dorsal fin up all the way. Also 2nd Gourami has color change on side. Did 1/3 water change 3 times this week, not using any medicine yet.

Sarahjl

AggressiveAquatics said:
How much of the water are you changing and also are you currently using any medicine?
About 1/3 and no medicine currently. I don't have an iso tank, is there a way to establish one quickly if needed?

DoubleDutch

I think those are battlescars.

Sarahjl

DoubleDutch said:
I think those are battlescars.
Would it be best to separate them?

DoubleDutch

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom