Red vein-like marks in guppy

guppytetra

Last week I purchased 4 female guppies and I’m now down to two for the same issue. The guppies are pregnant and I notice two days after having them there were red veins and raised scales that turned into a fuzzy patch with red around the patch. The orange female died first then a day after I notice the second guppy slow down and develop red vein under the belly and her scales were lifted and turned fuzzy. I removed her from the tank and she shortly died. I have a orange rainbow female who is mostly staying at the top of the tank and had three fry 4 days ago but 1 day apart. I’m not sure if she has more but the belly looks deflated and it’s been two days since the third fry was born. I’m really worried about the 4th female which I have a picture of. I don’t have the best picture because she keeps leaving to hide. She developing red veins along abdomen and tail. She has a red mark vertical down her mouth and I’m not sure what that’s from. I’m afraid she will end up like the rest. Swimming patterns are normal for both of them but the orange rainbow is staying at the top and the female with red veins is mostly hiding in the shell decor. I’ve started a treatment of ich x and erithromycin but I’m worried they won’t even make it. Any idea what this could be? The two males I have are very active and look healthy. Also, despite the picture, the Gravid spot doesn’t look black anymore it has red veins going along it and she has not had fry.
Tank: 10 g
Nitrate: 0-5
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia:0
Ph: 7
Last week I purchased 4 female guppies and I’m now down to two for the same issue. The guppies are pregnant and I notice two days after having them there were red veins and raised scales that turned into a fuzzy patch with red around the patch. The orange female died first then a day after I notice the second guppy slow down and develop red vein under the belly and her scales were lifted and turned fuzzy. I removed her from the tank and she shortly died. I have a orange rainbow female who is mostly staying at the top of the tank and had three fry 4 days ago but 1 day apart. I’m not sure if she has more but the belly looks deflated and it’s been two days since the third fry was born. I’m really worried about the 4th female which I have a picture of. I don’t have the best picture because she keeps leaving to hide. She developing red veins along abdomen and tail. She has a red mark vertical down her mouth and I’m not sure what that’s from. I’m afraid she will end up like the rest. Swimming patterns are normal for both of them but the orange rainbow is staying at the top and the female with red veins is mostly hiding in the shell decor. I’ve started a treatment of ich x and erithromycin but I’m worried they won’t even make it. Any idea what this could be? The two males I have are very active and look healthy. Also, despite the picture, the Gravid spot doesn’t look black anymore it has red veins going along it and she has not had fry.
Tank: 10 g
Nitrate: 0-5
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia:0
Ph: 7
Here’s a better photo of her mouth
7572D062-99BC-4CFD-B01A-2606E9B15FF3.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B2C1A10-CFAD-4A42-A63C-69334B53E6CC.jpeg
    7B2C1A10-CFAD-4A42-A63C-69334B53E6CC.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 14

guppytetra

She has passed.. I saw it coming.. I’m so sorry to post dead fish on here and I hope it’s not against the rules but I hope someone can identify what this is and help others who may be having this problem.. thank you

Attachments

• C6770341-298E-440A-9EDA-21DD1B1F891F.jpeg
    C6770341-298E-440A-9EDA-21DD1B1F891F.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 9F2EA64F-AA0D-43B8-BB34-3A45E8BAFDEA.jpeg
    9F2EA64F-AA0D-43B8-BB34-3A45E8BAFDEA.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 9

PeterFishKeepin

Could be an internal parasite although I don't have much knowledge about it, you may want to wait for other responses

AutisticFishBlog

She has passed.. I saw it coming.. I’m so sorry to post dead fish on here and I hope it’s not against the rules but I hope someone can identify what this is and help others who may be having this problem.. thank you
I think I’m having the same issue right now with my Corydoras (just posted about this). I think it might be red spot disease or scientific name- Hemorrhagic Septicemia. I’m treating with API fin and body, but my fish is still looking not good. Did you ever figure out what happened?
I think I’m having the same issue right now with my Corydoras (just posted about this). I think it might be red spot disease or scientific name- Hemorrhagic Septicemia. I’m treating with API fin and body, but my fish is still looking not good. Did you ever figure out what happened?
Also, I’m sorry about your fishies, it’s so hard when they pass and we still don’t know what happened.

Attachments

• 76C2652B-9270-4B12-9634-C015ED817DC0.jpeg
    76C2652B-9270-4B12-9634-C015ED817DC0.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2221F08E-AC4D-49A0-A096-5F2167E79239.jpeg
    2221F08E-AC4D-49A0-A096-5F2167E79239.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 3

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Allisonf
Replies