Red tiger lilly is HUGE

Greyfernandes

Ive had a tiger lilly blulb that I got about two years ago and Ive been trying to grow it in my aquariums for the past two years but they've always been small so I took a sprout from the bulb and put it in my 240 gallon pond and nothing really happened for awhile till I left for a month and came back to a huge plant in my pond! I didn't even know they got this big!
I tried searching for videos on how to take care of a tiger lilly this size but with no luck. Has anyone else had their plant this size? Is there anything I have to do for it? Will it flower soon?

Attachments

• 20210731_134321.jpg
    20210731_134321.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210731_134423.jpg
    20210731_134423.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 42

RedOnion

Wow that looks so cool! The leaves look amazing!

Linda1234

All it takes is a little bit of light...

Convoluted77

I'm jealous of your pond. It looks like a nice place to relax by with a cup of coffee in the mornings. No advice to give on your lily really other than possibly feeding it some root tabs to keep the bulb charged up with nutrients. They really grow like crazy when they have big lily pads at the surface. You can slow down growth if you cut off the lily pads but that's no fun.

Greyfernandes

I'm jealous of your pond. It looks like a nice place to relax by with a cup of coffee in the mornings. No advice to give on your lily really other than possibly feeding it some root tabs to keep the bulb charged up with nutrients. They really grow like crazy when they have big lily pads at the surface. You can slow down growth if you cut off the lily pads but that's no fun.
Omg thank you! I adore it too! My koi are super friendly so I like to come in the morning with a cup of tea and sit beside the pond and gently pet them. Its so relaxing!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Linda1234
Replies
Views
MarineBiologist
Replies
Views
Joshaeus
  • Question