Red Tailed sharks

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sam welcome to Fishlore!!
Sam I'm afraid I have some bad news The shark will get to about 5 inches so it's not suitable for your tank. Also your clown loaches wll get about 12 inches. Mine got to 6 inches the first year. So as you can see you need to be thinking of a larger tank very quickly if you want to keep these wonderful fish.
stop in hte welcome forum and let us welcome you properly
Carol

beckers4oranges

Valued Member
Reaction score
clown loaches and red tails get a long very well... extremely well actually...but your tank is way to small for a (fully grown) 6 inch red tail and 2 12in long loaches...

but for future reference id get a 29 gallon and then u can put a red tail in it with a few more neons but only 1 red tail...

Puppypower

Reaction score
Hey

I think the red tail would be fine even in your tank. Bigger the tank the better, but It'll survive i nthat. It just won't grow to full size.

Yea, they're good to go with him. LOL, wish I hadda known that, put a red tail in with a 2 black sharks, 3 rainbows, lot's of action, so much fun lol

Marty

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Puppypower said:
Hey

I think the red tail would be fine even in your tank. Bigger the tank the better, but It'll survive i nthat. It just won't grow to full size.

Yea, they're good to go with him. LOL, wish I hadda known that, put a red tail in with a 2 black sharks, 3 rainbows, lot's of action, so much fun lol

Marty
Stunting their growth is not a good idea!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom